WildSurvive Forum
oldfatguy

Along the road

I have a pretty good commute to and from work and there is always something that surprises me along the way. 

One thing I have yet to figure out is how there get to be so many shoes and boots along the side of the road.  I see them all the time.  Now, never have I come even close to having one of my shoes get sucked off my foot and out the windows, no matter how fast i was going, even with the all the windows down.  Do people get pissed off when someone cuts them off, yank off a shoe and hurl it at the offender?  How does this happen?

During your travels, what have you seen along the roadways?

I have a pretty good commute to and from work and there is always something that surprises me along the way. 

One thing I have yet to figure out is how there get to be so many shoes and boots along the side of the road.  I see them all the time.  Now, never have I come even close to having one of my shoes get sucked off my foot and out the windows, no matter how fast i was going, even with the all the windows down.  Do people get pissed off when someone cuts them off, yank off a shoe and hurl it at the offender?  How does this happen?

During your travels, what have you seen along the roadways?

~ I've always wondered about that too...  Shoes are the number one thing I see. WTF?  wacky115.gif :blink:

My friend and I finally thought we had figured it out. She was dating this man a few years back who was her perfect match! He was a Ranger at Fort Benning, and they hit it off great. Turns out... after dating him all Summer long, she found out he was married.  :scared:

So... she confronted him, they broke up, and he drove off. THEN She realized that she had left ONE of a pair of shoes in his car!  scared011.gif  It was her favorite sandle! She had one at home, and the mate to that one had fallen out of her overnight bag into his backseat.  :P  Her luck, he was already on his way back home in Maryland.

She loved that shoe.  sad042.gif  So she sent him a text asking him to PLEASE send her the missing shoe. He said he had found it, and he would send it.

Weeks passed... months passed... NO SHOE.  :glare:

So, finaly she wrote him the worst email... she was so pissed off about the fact that he just probably chucked her shoe out of his window before he got home. She really let him have it in that email.  :nono:  She even threw out the mate to that shoe, she was tired of looking at it and being all depressed that she couldn't wear it anymore.

One week later....  a crumpled up box arrived on her doorstep. It was dated the day after they had broken up. It was her shoe.  happy097.gif

The point of that story was just to say...  I don't know how the hell all those shoes end up on the highway, but I know that Ranger didn't do it.  :smoke:

happy097.gif  I almost peed my pants  :rofll:  That pretty much sums it up for me. Sharen watched it and said "yup thats you".  :P 

I don't think Gary Busey would agree with you.

As a member of the AMA (CA district 36 #132J) I just have to say:

WEAR A $%#&ING HELMET!!!!!!

I don't know guys, the world needs organ donors.

Good point.  Goes right along with the law in Califorinia that allows motorcycles to ride between lanes of traffic on the freeway.

Good point.  Goes right along with the law in Califorinia that allows motorcycles to ride between lanes of traffic on the freeway.

They really made that a law?!  I guess they really must be desperate to thin out the population...

I was walking last week and noticed a used oil filter along the curb of the road. WTF?  My first thought was "Hey, did some dumbass just throw this out?".  If not, how in the world is a vehicle driving without an oil filter?  How did the driver not notice the warning light (these usually come one when the oil pressure drops below 2 PSI)?  Shouldn't there be a big trail of oil leading up to or away from this?  And how did this just come off?  Those things are long winded (takes a while to screw them on and off).

So, back to the first thought, that someone just threw it out. Did they change their oil, drain the oil from the filter and instead of putting it in the trash, put if in their car, drive around for a while and toss it out?  If so, that gives a new definition to "douche move".

I was walking last week and noticed a used oil filter along the curb of the road. WTF?  My first thought was "Hey, did some dumbass just throw this out?".  If not, how in the world is a vehicle driving without an oil filter?  How did the driver not notice the warning light (these usually come one when the oil pressure drops below 2 PSI)?  Shouldn't there be a big trail of oil leading up to or away from this?  And how did this just come off?  Those things are long winded (takes a while to screw them on and off).

So, back to the first thought, that someone just threw it out. Did they change their oil, drain the oil from the filter and instead of putting it in the trash, put if in their car, drive around for a while and toss it out?  If so, that gives a new definition to "douche move".

a few years back when i worked in shipping i saw a truck driver "clean out" his semi right onto the ground. he wasnt 10 yards from a dumpster.  he walked inside to get his paperwork so i jumped out of my forklift and picked it all up and threw it on his seat(his window was open.  then i sat there acting like i was doing paperwork on my clipboard. when he opened his door some of it fell out i was sitting there with the forklift door open. he looks down at it and then looks around. i pointed at the dumpster and said thats were the trash goes.  he picked it up and threw it in the dumpster and never so much as said a word or looked at me again.  i cant stand those special kinds of douchebags. there almost as bad as the people that post fictional comments on facebook to bolster there image. almost....

There is no shortage of stupid in the world, that is for sure.  I have seem people sitting in a Walmart parking lot just stop, open the door and dump their ashtrays out on the ground.  Makes you wonder what is wrong with some people.

I was working construction on a highway resurfacing job and we were waiting for asphalt to be delivered so I got off my machine and was walking along the side of the highway. I spotted a glass dish they call depression glass or carnival glass made during the depression and gave them out at carnivals for prizes and you could try to win enough for a set. Their antiques not worth a whole lot but collectible. It had been thrown out a speeding car window like a Frisbee and hit tall grass and didnt break.Why would some one do that?  wacky115.gif 

This summer I found a knife along the road next to a bridge. Not just any old regular knife....but a fancy wedding cake knife. Made me wonder if the wedding had not gone so well.

There isn't much that pisses me off more than litterbugs.  It takes so little effort to pick up after yourself or put garbage where it belongs.  I have picked up so much trash in public areas, parks, trails etc over the years.  It really comes down to a lack of respect.  People don't respect the area they are in, they don't respect the other people who use that area and most of all, they lack any self respect.   

Ok, what is it with people driving along with one foot on the accelerator and the other on the brake?  I came up behind a guy doing this on the drive home last night and you could smell the brake pads burning.  Of course, he was busily solving world problems on his cell phone as I passed him.  A little bit later, he blows by me, brake lights still on. 

I had not seen this for a couple of months, but I usually see it every month or so on the interstate.

It was foggy here this morning with visibility under half a mile.  I started counting and 1 in every 6-8 cars I met on the interstate were driving without their lights on.  How difficult is it to flip that switch so other people on the road can see you?  Are these people just oblivious to the world around them? ???

I guess I should never be surprised at what I see people doing, but yesterday, I witnessed a whole new level of stupid.

I was on my way over to the Rec Center to work out when I saw a car at a stop sign with a bike right next to it.  At first, I thought the car had hit the bike, but when the car started going, the dumbass on the bike had their arm in the passenger side window, holding on.  The car sped up to 25-30mph with the guy on the bike being pulled along.  Yep, a Darwin award candidate right there.