WildSurvive Forum

~ That sky IS blue isn't it! What are you measuring up there in that pic?

Black moss. I picked some and I'm going to dry it out to see if it works as tinder.

I took the bike back down the railroad tracks this afternoon. This really is a hobby better suited to warmer weather. Since I was out, I decided to make a batch of char cloth and some hot chocolate. Raise your hand if you think something stupid is going to happen.

PC290015.JPG.4a9ca0ea5fb93c62f3d30df60f4ac50c.JPG

I was using an Esbit stove, a homemade firestarter and then had the idea to balance the altoids tin on the handles of the metal coffee cup. That worked fine. The problem happened when I tried to lift the coffee cup up onto the the Esbit stove. My put holder (two bandanas dumbbb) slipped and I managed to sear two fingers on my left hand and one on my right. Then the water boiled over and I nearly started a brush fire trying to extinguish the fire starter.

About this last shot of the pond. During Snowmageddon, the water level in this this pond rose about 10" add the spring rainfall, and it makes most of the area inaccessible until June.

PC310037.JPG.6291a1a49565d3e56e1e28f19222fdee.JPG

PC310038.JPG.fc5528d8d9378f0d24c7da3d77d98145.JPG

PC310045.JPG.a3fe7b7dc772ef8c95121823bb1725da.JPG

PC310051.JPG.c5a2f0484186292389f152a50d0c8294.JPG

Looks like you made the best of it, Muddy.

Thanks OFG. This scrubby little peice of land has been good to me over the years. I'm going to start a new topic for 2012.

i ben looking for a small edc fixed blade ben looking at  the izula but am open to other options.

I like the Mora knives. A few that I've been playing with that won't break the bank were the Gerber Profile, the Moras and the Coldsteel Bushman. The Bushman is is a little bit to long for EDC. SOG Field Pup is another on I like. Can't Go wrong with Buck. 

i got a mora from sgh and i could not stnd it the heal very poorly made and i cant be convinced otherwise i have read manny reviews bowth here and on other sights and on you tube and every one loves them. i have a roachbelly from coldsteel and abslutely love it but im looking for some thing smaller

i got a mora from sgh and i could not stnd it the heal very poorly made and i cant be convinced otherwise i have read manny reviews bowth here and on other sights and on you tube and every one loves them. i have a roachbelly from coldsteel and abslutely love it but im looking for some thing smaller

I paid 12 dollars for my Classic and there is some edge roll when used with a ferro rod. For 12 bucks it's okay. If it cost $200. I'd expect more. My days of plunking out cash for expensive knives are done with.

Has any used the CRKT Doug Ritter knife. I'm blanking on the name RSK? RISK? Ka-Bar also makes a small 4" version of their Marine combat knife.