WildSurvive Forum

awesome pics muddy, looks like a cool place. and i love that spoon. i think it qualifies for super ultralight spaceage backpacking gear!

~ They have a lot of character!  Why is there one shiny one next to the old rusty ones?  :unsure:

A lot of men/women lived their lives sitting in those old coach cars..... commuting into the City.... to work, and riding out of the City, to go home. Every day, over and over, year after year.  Lots of history there, Muddy!  :thumbup:  If those trains could talk....    :unsure:

~ They have a lot of character!  Why is there one shiny one next to the old rusty ones?  :unsure:

A lot of men/women lived their lives sitting in those old coach cars..... commuting into the City.... to work, and riding out of the City, to go home. Every day, over and over, year after year.  Lots of history there, Muddy!  :thumbup:  If those trains could talk....    :unsure:

Don't know why there's a shiny one next to a rusty one. I wanted to get up on them and look in the windows but I got this creepy, I'm being watched feeling. So I split.

Don't know why there's a shiny one next to a rusty one. I wanted to get up on them and look in the windows but I got this creepy, I'm being watched feeling. So I split.

~ I know that feeling...  :unsure:  You did the right thing.

~ There was probably...  some MOB dudes in there, getting ready to "talk" to somebody, and they see you coming down the tracks......  they have their guns pointed right at you (through those old window).... JUST IN CASE you decide to get nosy. But, they see that you move on, so they lower their weapons.... and then, they turn back to their victim.... "so Vinny....  the Boss, he don't think you's guys are as loyal as you USED to be..."  :cigar:

~ There was probably...  some MOB dudes in there, getting ready to "talk" to somebody, and they see you coming down the tracks......  they have their guns pointed right at you (through those old window).... JUST IN CASE you decide to get nosy. But, they see that you move on, so they lower their weapons.... and then, they turn back to their victim.... "so Vinny....  the Boss, he don't think you's guys are as loyal as you USED to be..."  :cigar:

I was thinking along the lines of cannibals, but mob guys would work.

I was thinking along the lines of cannibals, but mob guys would work.

~ I think You would've seen the bones of random body parts strewn about if it were cannibals....  :unsure: 

There's usually a fire burning somewhere... when cannibals are at large...  8|

~ I think You would've seen the bones of random body parts strewn about if it were cannibals....  :unsure:  

There's usually a fire burning somewhere... when cannibals are at large...   8|

Cannibals, Pineys, The phantom Real Estate agent (shrug). I'm more worried about the state police now. I'm going to have to go yuppie. Quickly, to the LL Bean.  

Stone Harbor, NJ Boat weekend.

P5070188.jpg

The local 5&10 store sponsers a kids treasure hunt on the beach. It's fun.

P5070183.jpg

P5070184.jpg

Main street is blocked off and all the vendors and boats are set up here.

P5070185.jpg

Live music this the weekend. My office is less then a block away. We kept the doors open so we could listen to the music.  :)

P5070186.jpg

Funnel cake.

P5070194.jpg

Funnel cake is messy.

P5070196.jpg

Get any on ya? We usta say that a lot back in high school.  :P  Fun was had by all especially that lady fascinated by that traffic cone.  :unsure:

Muddy, Muddy, Muddy, didn't they teach you not to exhale when taking a bite of funnel cake and if you have to inhale do so through your mouth, not your nose?

Around here we wouldn't have been concerned about cannibals in the train cars, but people growing canniibus

Muddy, Muddy, Muddy, didn't they teach you not to exhale when taking a bite of funnel cake and if you have to inhale do so through your mouth, not your nose?

Around here we wouldn't have been concerned about cannibals in the train cars, but people growing canniibus

I just wanted the powered sugar more then the funnel cake. Since my day hikes are taking me up into wider, more open farm country, I'm more vigilante for pot crop.

Get any on ya? We usta say that a lot back in high school.  :P  Fun was had by all especially that lady fascinated by that traffic cone.  :unsure:

That is my friend Apple Martini. When I first looked at the pictures, I couldn't figure out what she was doing. Her four year was moving orange traffic cones.

That is my friend Apple Martini. When I first looked at the pictures, I couldn't figure out what she was doing. Her four year was moving orange traffic cones.

~ My daughter stole an orange traffic cone one time... she painted a face on it, named it "coney" and put it back. We still see him all over town.  :unsure:

East Creek Lake Memorial day hike.

P5300039.jpg

P5300021.jpg

P5300022.jpg

I found a little nest on the ground for use as tinder. I left it where I found it.

P5300024.jpg

P5300030.jpg

P5300031.jpg

Along this time I realize I'd left my water bottles back in the car. No trouble.

P5300033.jpg

Tastes like a big ol' A&W rootbeer float.  :puke:

P5300032.jpg

Nifty little pink flowered pitcher plants are along this opening to the pond.

P5300034.jpg

P5300035.jpg

P5300037.jpg

This boardwalk is new since the last time I was here.

P5300038.jpg

~ That's my kinda place to hike right there!  :thumbsup:  Are those water lilies in that lake?  :unsure:  In some parts they were all the way out in the middle... that means that's a very shallow part of the lake. You have to go take a pic when they're blooming!  :bounce:

~ That's my kinda place to hike right there!  :thumbsup:  Are those water lilies in that lake?  :unsure:  In some parts they were all the way out in the middle... that means that's a very shallow part of the lake. You have to go take a pic when they're blooming!  :bounce:

Yup. The deep end is down by the highway and the shallow end is almost all lilly pads. Now that I have reliable transportation again I'll go there more often.