WildSurvive Forum

My tranquility was disturbed by the arrival of the Wyld Boyz. A group of youthful scamps whose love of ATV's is only matched by their enthusiasm for the outdoors. Today Skippy, I-Pod and  censored.gif faced Larry came out looking for summer fun. Oh, if summer could just last forever. I was too slow on the shutter and only caught Skippy with I-Pod riding on the back.  censored.gif faced Larry was behind them sucking up dirt and swampy water. You see kids, Larry doesn't respect his parents or the safety rules so he's riding without a helmet. Suck mud, Larry!!     

P8070025.jpg

P8070016.jpg

Not wishing to disturb the Boyz good fun as adult authority is wont to do. I moved to a new spot.

P8070028.jpg

~ That first dragon fly you posted (The one on that stem in the water) is the type that frequent my pond. Their wings remind me of checkered racing flags. So we call them NASCAR dragon flys.  :hugegrin:  (I love naming stuff)

Dragon flies are too cool!

Believe it or not the military has studied them because of how they can fly...backwards, sideways etc... for flight of military aircraft.

LOL!  Muddy Pete, I LOVE your running commentary on the Wyld Boyz!  :rofl:

I feel like I'm in an outake from Road Warrior. If they only knew how many times they gone by without seeing me.  :devil: We get along. I stay out of their way when they're riding and they don't run me over.

Well, if the Apocalypse ever occurs, I definitely want to be on YOUR team, but only if I get to drive the Interceptor.  :P

madmaxinterceptoryouyan.jpg

great pictures how did that dragon fly let you get that close to him

It took a few tries. I guess it figured I wasn't a threat so it stopped flying away.

~ Is this the view of You leaving town Muddy?  :unsure:  :whistle:

The old rail lines are abandoned. I have them mapped as potential bug out routes 

I managed to get out for an afternoon on Thursday and see what Irene did to the field out behind my building.

P9040003.jpg

Old Laser Hawk slingshot with a new and vastly improved Barnett slingshot rubber. The yellow one is a Daisy. I can put a bag of M&M peanuts in a puddle at 100 yards. Zinng!

P9040002.jpg

P9040008.jpg

P9040010.jpg

P9040013.jpg

To give you an idea of how much rain came with Irene, This was taken back on Aug 10th.

P8070030.jpg

This was taken on Sept 1st in the same spot.

P9040006.jpg

P9040004.jpg

P9040005.jpg

On-screen marriage proposal. Love lift us up where we belong...

P9050041.jpg

This guy was one of the vendors and had to run up and down the steps lugging a tub of beers. He looked like he was hurtin' but keep going. Props to you hardcore beer vendor  :salute:

P9050043.jpg

It rained on and off all night. Hardcore fans stuck it out.

P9050044.jpg