WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Swede

Road Trip

Im feeling the wander lust that all of us professional SURVIVORS feel so Ive decided to hit the road in my possum van. I know all of my fans will be egar to here where Im going so dont tell anyone Im heading for Georgia. Ill be traveling alone(except for my new party doll that will be strapped in the shot gun seat) and Ill be loading up my van for a seven day road trip. :grin:

During my trip I plan to stop in to some different state forests and popular sites along the way. I just bought me a new lap top so I can keep in touch along the way.I have a tv in my van so I can take some of my private supply of tapes to play in the vhs player. :thumbsup:

Ill have plenty of room for the mere essentials. Groceries, snack foods like twinkies(I love twinkies), snicker bars, pudding packs, doughnuts, peanut butter cookies, cream horns, cashews (chocolate covered), potato chips, cheese popcorn, etc. :P

Ill have my cell phone of course to keep in touch with my family (Mrs Swede) I always feel guilty while Im away so I set aside some time at night thinking about them.

So Ill be hitting the road as soon as I can get loaded up.

See ya on the road :wave:

SURVIVOR GUY

Guest taken by the wind...

~ Wooo Hooo! I happen to know a lot about that particular place Swede! Don't be packin' any fleece though... Better bring (I mean take) some short sleeve shirts too. If you bring (I mean take) that little pig you're hugging in your avitar... it just might end up as barbecue!  :P

~ Is that the cow pasture? I've never seen stuff from the sky before... let me take a look. LOL!

Bwahhhhhh Haa, Haa Haaa Haaaaaaa.  :devil:

~ SUPER SQUIRREL!!!   :cry: :cry: :cry:

:woot: :rofl:

~ that's okay... come on down.....  :guns:

gotcha Ill find it. :thumbsup:

South bound and down loaded up and truckin. I bid farewell to kith and kin and Im roaming the world at will.

Im entering the most dangerous place on the planet earth-our nations highway system. Anyone with any will power can SURVIVE out in the woods where all you have to worry about is freezing to death or starving. Im heading out to be surrounded by the most dangerous critters on the planet- the American drivers.Fifty thousand people on average get killed out here each year and an accident occures every fourteen seconds. Will I be one of those, who knows, but Im going to try not to be.

Im going to go on the asumtion that everyone out here is trying to kill me.  Everyone seems to be late. They dont seem to want to spend any more time on the road then is necessary. Defying the laws of phsyics and common sence driving way beyond their ability depending on the other idiots to not make any mistakes they fly along throwing caution to the winds.Im planning on not letting it scare me so Im going to be drinking the whole time. :woot:

I always carry a trash container because of all the candy wrappers I manage to generate. It keeps the possum van from getting that traveling look and when the bag gets full I throw it out the window. :yes:

I wont be driving after dark too much because the lights seem to bother me more and more as I get older so Ill be looking for a nice rest area to set in for the night. Ive got a nice bed in the van here and with a little help from Holly (thats what I call my new party doll) I should get some needed rest. Ive got Holly dressed in her school girl out fit today. :naughty:

Well Im going to hit the first rest area I can find as soon as I get passed St Louis Missouri so Ill be signing off for today. Im heading down to Kentucky tomorrow and through the Amish country there. Everbodys a Yoder there LOL. :lol:

Ill see you tomorrow (I hope) :wave:

SURVIVOR GUY

~ Well, it doesn't take the "looneys" long to come out of the woodwork... someone tried to get rid of me last night.

Obviously somebody sneaked into my house, turned on every fan in my room, and then threw the covers off of my bed.

God! Who would do such a thing? At first I thought it was my husband, but it couldn't have been him, because he had already gone to work! I was freezing. Still havent' warmed up to an acceptable temp. yet. But at least I'm going to make it. I don't know what's worse... the fact that this happened, or the fact that Super Squirrel actually let an intruder get into my yard. After I keep his squirrel feeder filled all the time! :mad: He was probably looking at squirrels online again! :woot: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm going to have to tighten up security, since I'm on the "map" now.

Survivor Guy... BE CAREFUL. It's a dangerous world out there.

I'm REALLY worried about you Survivor Guy... this is THE most dangerous thing that has ever been done. Those roads are killers, everyone of them. MY GOD! The chances you take for your fans...

Sometimes you must ask yourself... "Is it worth it?"

Beautiful here in Kentucky today. I drove through Amish country and stopped in Yoders grocery Yoders general store and Yoders fine furniture. Man those people can make some furniture I tell ya.

amishbuggycw2.jpg

amishshoppingep6.jpg

Im still trying to survive out here on the highways and byways where no one seems to know the speed limit. I wonder if they ever bothered to figure how much speeding actually helps anything. I like to use an example of two towns ten miles apart. If you can drive sixty miles an hour thats one mile a minute so it will take you ten minutes to get between the two towns. Some people it seems dont have ten minutes out of their lives to waste just driving between these two towns so they speed up to get there faster. Say they only want to spend five minutes driving. They would have to drive twice as fast or one hundred and twenty miles an hour. Well they cant drive that fast so lets say they wanted to make it in seven and a half minutes so they would have to drive ninety miles and hour. So how much time are they actually saving on their drive. Is two or three minutes worth dieing for? :nop: :nono: A true SURVIVOR wont take that chance. :thumbup:

I think Ill pull into a truck stop and park in their parking lot tonight. Maybe I can score a lot lizard tonight or pick up some bucks renting out my party doll although cleaning her up might become a huge problem.Maybe I could take her to the car wash.  :woot: 8|

I stopped in a small town down here tonight and watched the little gobblins trick or treating. They sure were cute in their costumes but some of the moms were even better. I tried a little tric or treating on the mothers as usual and I did pretty well this year I only got slapped twice. :naughty:

I put a little distance from that particular town and I see a truck stop up ahead so wish me luck. :salute:

Ill see you out on the big road as I head for Tennessee tomorrow. :wave:

SURVIVOR GUY

~ get thee four-legged snail behind me!  :reallymad:

yer mamma churns butter!   :ranting:

Yer raisin' my barn ya yoder head!   :argue:

(Amish Road Rage...)

You be careful out there Swede.  There are a lot of crazy people out there who don't appreciate the Survivor Guy like we do.  Love those pics.  Keep them coming.

Kinda cool here in Tennessee today but the smokies are beautiful. Falling into fall here and in the misty mountains on the North Carolina border. I think Ill set into the Great Smokey Mountain National park for the night.

20060622101236yj7.jpg

tennessee390nq1.jpg

Part of my SURVIVAL oddesy is to SURVIVE out here on the interstate. I know were all aware of the dangers of travel by automobile in the U.S. but we get too familier with those dangers until we get in our own accident. A good SURVIVALIST learns to avoid the dangers and what things he can do to SURVIVE.

Whats the last sign you see before you enter an interstate? Give up? Its a yield sign. It seems no one ever sees that one but it means dont stop but blend into the traffic by matching their speeds and slideing into an open spot not get the hell out of my way Im comming on!!Heres where a large portion of interstate accidents occur. Most drivers dont consider traffic comming down the on ramps and will pass other viehicals right beside an on ramp. This causes another driver in the inside lane to be caught between on comming traffic and traffic in the passing lane and nobody wants to give way. Most drivers dont see the car in the passing lane because it is in their blind spot so when the driver in the inside lane moves over to let the oncomming car on the interstate he hits the car in the passing lane. You will see lots of skid marks near these areas.

A trick is to adjust your driver side rearview fender mirror outward to minimise the blind spot and be aware of this possibility.

North Carolina. Isnt that where Holly lives? Maybe I should stop and pick her up and take her with me. I always carry an either rag just in case these situations occur. Being prepared is just a part of SURVIVAL. Charlotte the harlott the girl we adore.I love those southern gals. You got to be really courteous and respectful around them like you know really polite like that. :yes:

Oh well Im always trying to be nice.(bad reputation you know) Maybe I should join John Kerrys election team. :D

I guess Ill find the camping area in the park tonight and set in for the night.

Ill hang a right in Charlotte tomorrow and head down towards Takens house.

Be careful out there and Ill see youse tomorrow. :wave:

SURVIVOR GUY

You know you are too old to Trick or Treat when:

10. You get winded from knocking on the door.

9. You have to have someone else chew the candy for you.

8. You ask for high fiber candy only.

7. When someone drops a candy bar in your bag, you lose your balance and fall over.

6. People say: "Great Boris Karloff Mask," and you're not wearing a mask.

5. When the door opens you yell, "Trick or ." and can't remember the rest.

4. By the end of the night, you have a bag full of restraining orders.

3.You have to carefully choose a costume that won't dislodge your hairpiece.

2. You're the only Power Ranger in the neighborhood with a walker.

And the number one reason Seniors should not go Trick Or Treating...

1. You keep having to go home to potty

WINSTON-SALEM is a place of unusual juxtapositions. At cafes, immaculately coiffed Southern socialites sit beside pierced and tattooed students from the North Carolina School of the Arts, and an idle brick smokestack from a century-old R. J. Reynolds tobacco plant stands near a domed Cesar Pelli skyscraper that looks like a giant bottle of roll-on antiperspirant. You can go to an art museum in what was once a tobacco tycoon's mansion and you can take in Nascar races or visit a museum devoted to stock cars. The city — known as the birthplace and home of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts —mmmmmm dougnuts has galleries that sell turned wood furniture and hand-stitched quilts. Winston-Salem (population 187,500), in the hills of the Piedmont region at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains, was created in 1913 after the consolidation of the post offices of two adjacent small towns: Salem, founded in 1766 by the Moravian Protestants sect, and Winston, established in 1849 and named for a local Revolutionary War hero. Events like the National Black Theater Festival, held every two years, and the annual RiverRun International Film Festival attract tens of thousands — but perhaps the biggest draw is the Southern pace, which makes it the kind of place where lingering over a sweetened iced tea is always encouraged.

Holly never  said North Carolina was such a beautiful place. :thumbsup:

Wow a lot of history here. I think Ill checkout that Piedmont area. :yes::

dscc11466fsgl0.jpg

dscc7090fscy1.jpg

dscc0962fsjs5.jpg

Im not too good at mountain drivin Im more of a flat lander I guess. Sometimes I wish my cabin was sitting in a place like this. :love:

Swede - I have spent a lot of time in Winston-Salem. My uncle lived there and was the head of Thorasic Surgery and Diagnostics at Boman-Grey Hospital. As well, after retirement, my parents lived there for 12-13 years.

W.S. is a great city. As you mentioned, the architecture in and around the city is an amazing mix of old and new as is the economy and culture. I'm surprised you have not before discovered the Blue Ridge Mtns! They are truely the jewell of the Southeast. I have spent many a great day hiking up and down those steep hills!  ::)

Enjoy your stay down there Swede.  :hugegrin: :hugegrin:

Er ahh yah right Blue Ill do that. I guess I remember you sayng that now. My hikeing up and down steep hills is over with Im afraid. I can only see the mountains from the pictures some one else taskes now unless I can drive my atv up there. I think they should make that a law or something that after a certain age you should be allowed to drive to those spots. It seems to be a young persons game now.

Sure is lonely out here especially when your alone. I feel so lost sometimes not even God can find me so-

Sing me a happy song.

A friend wanted to hang himself and came to talk to me.

I figured I should do something to help so I let him use my tree.

A salesman stopped by the other day and asked about a short cut as he was going into town

I forgot all about the bridge being out and I read in the paper he drowned.

The neighbor girl fell in the well once and I heard her shout.

It wasnt the one we used for drinkin water so we didnt pull her out.

Sing me a happy song

sing me a light hearted air

Dance while your resting you'll be in besting

Mr. Blues the whole day long.ha ha  :whistle: :whistle:

:rofl: :rofl: that's quite the song you got there buddy ... maybe you should consider a new profession  :woot:  :hugegrin: