WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Holly

Carp Fishing in England

I wonder if it got eaten when I went back into my post to correct something?  :unsure: 

I wonder if it got eaten when I went back into my post to correct something?  :unsure: 

~ NO..... it's been eating my posts randomly since yesterday! That's why I spiced up my signature... just to see if it stops.

LOL!  I love "Carpzillas"!  I'm going to have to tell Ant about that one.  He'll laugh too.  :grin:

~ I've had at least FOUR posts in this thread get eaten.....  :thumbdown:  And several at the campfire.

This is really eating away at me.....  :unsure:

I think if you send someone a PM and you include a link for them to click on so they can read something in particular, they have to be careful not to delete the link in the PM if they are trying to delete the actual PM message, because it will actually delete the post that the link goes to!  :scared:

12-ft long fishing rods.  These are SO long, you have to get a special rod holder to rest the rods on.  And since you aren't holding the rod, you have to get special fish alarms that beep when the line runs through them.  And in order to tell if the fish is swimming toward you or away from you (I haven't figured out why that makes a difference yet) you need a special weighted hanger that goes up if the fish is coming or down if it's going...I think...:unsure:

vxrrods1.jpg

matrix3patriotpodlrg.jpg

It's starting to sound like a Monty Python gag:  "And if the alarum beepeth oncet the line shalt be running out, and if the alarum beepeth twicet the line shalt be running in.  But if the rod tippeth upwards..." 

At any rate, sounds like you've been having some fun fishing, which is more than I can say so far this year! 

It's starting to sound like a Monty Python gag:  "And if the alarum beepeth oncet the line shalt be running out, and if the alarum beepeth twicet the line shalt be running in.  But if the rod tippeth upwards..." 

At any rate, sounds like you've been having some fun fishing, which is more than I can say so far this year! 

~  happy097.gif

We went to the tackle shop here in town yesterday and I made the mistake of looking in the cooler next to the counter.  There was a whole tub of live maggots about half a foot deep, blindly squirming around.  I was totally grossed out!  :puke:

We used to dig the maggots out of rotten grain piles at mills to bait our trot lines with. And I don't mean little maggots either. They must have been like horse fly maggots or something because some of them were an inch long, and they had a hard shell not soft like house fly maggots. You think it was gross seeing them all cleaned up and in a tub, you should try being the person collecting them :) The channel cats sure do love them though.

~  ewwwwww!     :scared:

Yeah, that's what I said on several occasions...as well as a loooooong string of profanity....

Well, I didn't catch anything, but I sure had fun!  :woot:  It was COLD that afternoon and even colder that night, with a strong wind blowing most of the evening.  I think all the fish were hiding.  :P

Poor Ant!  One of the legs on his bedchair broke completely in half, so he slept slumped over to one side.  :rofl:  I had on four layers of clothes and was STILL freezing.  Ant and I looked like hell the next morning when we woke up, all crunched up and stiff and moving around like 80-year-olds.   But we really did enjoy the trip.  :grin:

Here I am, laughing because I don't have any reels on my rods.

40128796.jpg

Ant, setting up his rods.

21580516.jpg

My new bivvy!

38349366.jpg

25474434.jpg

Maggot may be the wrong word. Im thinking larva stage is more likely. There is a difference. Wax worms are the larva of a moth.

Taken, nobody was catching anything.  :(  I think it was too cold and windy that night.  I definitely prefer day fishing! 

We're going again at 6:00 am Saturday morning with two of Ant's brothers.  We're going to a different lake this time.  The owners of the lake bring breakfast down to everyone first thing in the morning.  Tea, coffee, toast, eggs, bacon, sausage, the works!  :woot:  :rofl: 

Ant and I went fishing all day Saturday at the same private lake we went to a few weeks ago.  We had a wonderful day!  I was thrilled, because I caught a really nice 8 lb. carp using a small piece of Spam and a little itty bitty hook on a small fishing rod.  :rofl:

I decided to fish at the opposite end of the lake this time.

004nou.jpg

My fishing chair and rods.

002aqb.jpg

Ant was fishing at a spot nearby.

008yyb.jpg

My 8 lb. carp!  I was SO happy!

013hk.jpg