WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Holly

Carp Fishing in England

~ He's eating your finger!   scared011.gif

And what's with those English dudes? ...  are they too lazy to even hold their fishing rods?  :unsure:  Gotta have some fancy Pole holder that does the job for them?  :P :rofl:

~ He's eating your finger!  scared011.gif

And what's with those English dudes? ...  are they too lazy to even hold their fishing rods?  :unsure:  Gotta have some fancy Pole holder that does the job for them?  :P :rofl:

:rofl:  Those are carp rods, Taken, and they are 12 feet long and HEAVY!  I prefer fishing with a smaller 7 ft rod so I can hold it and watch the float.  I get too bored with the big carp rods.  :yes:

Heres a tip you might try Holly. See the plants hanging over the water? Carp love to feed under hanging plants like this finding bugs and worms. If you watch quietly you may see their mouths sticking out of the water feeding under these hanging branches. If you set your bait shallow and cast in front of these hanging branches and sit quietly Ill be willing to bet you will catch one. Being quiet is not thumping on the ground as much as possible. Fish "spook" because they feel the vibrations more then noise.

Think about where fish feed. Picture your bait hanging like a tiny piece of food in mid air sort-of -speak in the middle of a pond. The fish has to accidentally come upon it. So if you put your bait as close to where they might be feeding the better your chances.

carpm.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

~ He's eating your finger!   scared011.gif

And what's with those English dudes? ...   are they too lazy to even hold their fishing rods?  :unsure:  Gotta have some fancy Pole holder that does the job for them?   :P :rofl:

Well, if you have a way of setting down your fishing rod you have both hands free for your beer and cigar....  :thumbup:

Holly, glad to see you had a good time!  :grin:

Hot damn, now thats a carp.  Carp seem to be a popular fish to pull in around these parts...but im still to see something that large come out of the lakes/rivers here in Wisconsin.

Holly how the hell do you put up with the numbness of just sitting their?

Holly how the hell do you put up with the numbness of just sitting their?

I never just "sit there", Adi.  I get my stuff set up, then I piddle around, thinking interesting thoughts, listening to the birds and watching the clouds, looking at the water, walking around the lake and trying to identify plants, making tea on our little gas stove, having a picnic beside the water with my wonderful husband, and just enjoying the peace and quiet.  The time flies by.  :yes: