WildSurvive Forum
Muddy Pete

Muddy Pete needs a bicycle

a bicicle that dosnt have any kind of suspension or shock absoeber in the back end

~ thanks razor sharp, (I really didn't have a clue) but I wasn't asking a question, I was making joke... a little "Play" on words kinda thing.  :whistle:

You and Adi sure seem to know a whole lot about a lot of stuff...  :unsure:

y'all make me feel plain stupid sometimes...

~ thanks razor sharp, (I really didn't have a clue) but I wasn't asking a question, I was making joke... a little "Play" on words kinda thing.  :whistle:

You and Adi sure seem to know a whole lot about a lot of stuff...   :unsure:

y'all make me feel plain stupid sometimes...

dont feel that way, the stuff you know about keeping babies alive would make me feel dumb. and i could tell ya what a real hardtail is...just not gona  :P

i just noticed that said was it a hardtail...now i feel stupid :blush:

~ Nah, don't, when I read it again I read it as What's a hardtail ? I guess the eye just sees familiar letters and mixes them up the way it wants to.  :rofl:

~ One time I was driving down this road and I kept seeing this sign that said "Little Barrel" next to this HUGE barrel....  every half mile was another "Little Barrel". I was so puzzled by it that it started to really bug me, I swear it was ten miles before I realized it said "Litter Barrel."  wacky115.gif  I saw Litt.... and my brain filled in the rest.  :rofl:

Muddy, are you thinking of riding competitively or just for recreation and/or transportation?

Also, maybe you should post some before pictures of your legs and bum...

Recreation and transportation.

I think taken is calling us 'know it alls'! but if she really knew me she would know i know F%&$ all else!

Also, maybe you should post some before pictures of your legs and bum...

I look like this guy.

welcome.jpg

Now I'll be aerodynamic.

Phantom-1_WEB.jpg

I think taken is calling us 'know it alls'! but if she really knew me she would know i know F%&$ all else!

~ and if Adi really knew "me" he would know that I was sincerely giving y'all a compliment. I am honestly astounded by how much stuff you guys know about.

i raced my first 40 k time trial in cut off sweat pants and a cotton t shirt. i won, but i bled from the chafing between my legs, i imidiatly went out and bought cycling shorts after that. they have a cushioned pad that prevents rubbing. you wont do big miles without it once you get a pair. i always found it funny though i was the only guy at the races with hairy legs.  :hugegrin:

i raced my first 40 k time trial in cut off sweat pants and a cotton t shirt. i won, but i bled from the chafing between my legs, i imidiatly went out and bought cycling shorts after that. they have a cushioned pad that prevents rubbing. you wont do big miles without it once you get a pair. i always found it funny though i was the only guy at the races with hairy legs.  :hugegrin:

~ maybe the other guys shaved their legs trying to make themselves more aerodynamic.  :P

~ maybe the other guys shaved their legs trying to make themselves more aerodynamic.  :P

that's exactly why they used to do it. until the early 90s.  someone did some wind tunnel testing and found out that it doesn't make a bit of difference. but cyclists have done it for so long that its just tradition. yeah they will make up excuses like (it helps prevent road rash) and stuff like that. ( i was actually about to do it because i would do anything to go faster but i read that article and was soooo relived. gen165.gif

They shave their legs so the tape used to hold the bandages on doesn't stick to the hair and pull so badly...

Well done OFG you score half a mark. There are in fact two reasons why we shave our legs. The first is as OFG said as well as its easier to clean wounds out.

Secondly and one slightly more important is cyclists spend ours face down getting legs massages. With the hair still attached this is extremely painful, especially when you can get your legs massaged twice a day. Once before and once after each ride. With the hair in place the massages can cause infections in the hair follicles. Which can sometimes take years to treat.

Well done OFG you score half a mark. There are in fact two reasons why we shave our legs. The first is as OFG said as well as its easier to clean wounds out.

Secondly and one slightly more important is cyclists spend ours face down getting legs massages. With the hair still attached this is extremely painful, especially when you can get your legs massaged twice a day. Once before and once after each ride. With the hair in place the massages can cause infections in the hair follicles. Which can sometimes take years to treat.

I don't see myself doing too much distance in the near future. So, no leg shaving. Besides, my knees are too scabby to look good in short shorts. 

~ Not to mention, you got all those extra "Grocery Store leg massages"  taking place  :whistle:  you don't know if that woman has just touched some E.Coli from a wet ground beef package, and THEN she wants to touch your leg...   

When you're a cyclist, danger can come from anywhere. (Even the frozen food section)  :hugegrin:

When you're a biker, danger can come from anywhere. (Even the frozen food section)  :hugegrin:

You don't realize how hard it is to walk the food isles with metal cleats and carbon fibber soles, it must be like walking on an ice rink in 6 inch heels...

Ah Danny he is a star. He is riding a trials bike. The kids are riding stuff we could only ever dreamed of. Steve Peat, Hans Ray and the others could never do half of this stuff.