WildSurvive Forum

So I am not sure if anyone on here has seen the show, but here in Canada they have a show called "Man Tracker" There is this professional tracker who hunts down human prey for sport. It is a competition between him and the opponent. I have been watching this show quite a bit while I have been up here. 2 question for our members have you seen this show yet and if you have do you think  you could beat him? Below is a link:

http://youtu.be/ip94hoytI6Y

~ WOW! K-Woods!  It's like that old short story we read in literature called "The Most Dangerous Game".  About this guy who is shipwrecked on a deserted Island, only a millionaire lives there, and he routinely takes in shipwreck survivors, and sets them loose in his "Jungle" so he can hunt the ultimate prey!

What an interesting concept! Cool find!

~ WOW! K-Woods!  It's like that old short story we read in literature called "The Most Dangerous Game".  About this guy who is shipwrecked on a deserted Island, only a millionaire lives there, and he routinely takes in shipwreck survivors, and sets them loose in his "Jungle" so he can hunt the ultimate prey!

That what I was thinking also Taken.I remember that story well. I don't know that I could beat him at his own game, but I think I could sure give him a run for his money or at least have a  hell of a good time trying.

That what I was thinking also Taken.I remember that story well. I don't know that I could beat him at his own game, but I think I could sure give him a run for his money or at least have a  hell of a good time trying.

~ I just watched that whole clip, and it looks really interesting...   Still, two "city cops with tactical training?"  When I heard that, I thought NO MATCH.

I don't think that Man Tracker would have the same luck with (Let's say) Another Hunter, who has the same "Hunter mentality" out in the the woods.

Definately a very intriguing idea though! Thanks for sharing!  :thumbup:

~ makes me wonder why he picked two "city" guys to chase, if he's all THAT...  :smoke:

I think we need to get some of our folks on his show!  :hugegrin:

Now.... WHO could outwit the MAN TRACKER?    :unsure:

~ It's a disadvantage ... I mean you're on foot, and THEY are on horseback...   :thumbdown:  You'd definately have to outwit your opponent. You'd have to use that mighty multi-tool between your ears.  cool14.gif

I thought that people signed up for the show. A man and his spatula alone against the Man Tracker. 

~ muddy.... you could definately outwalk the dude.  If you get on the show, my advice is to attack the horses with your tactical Spatula first and foremost :thumbup: De-shoe them or something, ANYTHING to slow those horses down.  :rofl:  find some wild horsenip growing nearby and scatter it everywhere. You get that dude off his horse, and he'll NEVER catch up to you.  :thumbup:

There is a time limit for the contestants to reach the to finish line. I'm sure there are rules as far as what the contestants can and can't do.

i watched a bunch of episodes, he does less "tracking" and more guessing at here there going to be than anything. he is good at reading the land and knowing where someone might go. but the horses do change the game a little. i would do it with ya muddy or kwoods, just give me a couple months to get in great shape and work on my hoarse in distress call, try to lure them away so you could make it...id do that for you guys :thumbup:

There is a time limit for the contestants to reach the to finish line. I'm sure there are rules as far as what the contestants can and can't do.

~ That's bullsh*t! A TIME LIMIT?   WTF?   That's not hunting.   They're just trying to flush their game out into the open. No way, I wanna see a "game" where the hunted could get a full head start by a day. Then.... no time limit. Just let them hunt them like they'd have to hunt ANY wild smart game.  :thumbup: 

What kind of show is that?  You put a time limit on it, AND you give the hunter some four legged beasts to ride on, so they never tire out.

Difficult odds. 

How would the  "Prey" get ahead in that situation?  :unsure:

i watched a bunch of episodes, he does less "tracking" and more guessing at here there going to be than anything. he is good at reading the land and knowing where someone might go. but the horses do change the game a little. i would do it with ya muddy or kwoods, just give me a couple months to get in great shape and work on my hoarse in distress call, try to lure them away so you could make it...id do that for you guys :thumbup:

~ LOL! You mean you already "have" a horse in distress call? and you just have to "work" on it?  :P

~ WOW! K-Woods!  It's like that old short story we read in literature called "The Most Dangerous Game".  About this guy who is shipwrecked on a deserted Island, only a millionaire lives there, and he routinely takes in shipwreck survivors, and sets them loose in his "Jungle" so he can hunt the ultimate prey!

That what I was thinking also Taken. I don't know that I could beat him at his own game, but I think I could sure give him a run for his money or at least have a  hell of a good time trying.

~ makes me wonder why he picked two "city" guys to chase, if he's all THAT...  :smoke:

I think we need to get some of our folks on his show!  :hugegrin:

Now.... WHO could outwit the MAN TRACKER?     :unsure:

Each show has a different opponent with different back grounds than the last. The one I just watched has a husband and wife team. I would sure like to give it a try.

~ I'd like to do a husband and wife team, but I'd have to leave my husband at home.... 

I'd just totally distract the Man Tracker...  Walk out of the shower, in the morning when he's supposed to start chasing me, and I'd go "OMG..... this was supposed to start TODAY?"  I didn't get the memo. Ok, let me get dressed and get going.

First of all, I'd pretend to start running, then I would double back and hang with the camera crew... telling jokes and making friends! eatting sandwiches, laughing at the two BIG men chasing little ole me.  :rofl: :P

Maybe he needs to get a couple of guides to keep it even and we all could give him a run for his money.

The episodes that I saw were pretty bogus...the "prey" kept going back to the open and to the trails. If they would have stayed in the brush, the horses couldn't get through and they could have put a lot of distance between them and the tracker.  The "prey" were always predictable.

~ I'd like to do a husband and wife team, but I'd have to leave my husband at home....  

I'd just totally distract the Man Tracker...  Walk out of the shower, in the morning when he's supposed to start chasing me, and I'd go "OMG..... this was supposed to start TODAY?"  I didn't get the memo. Ok, let me get dressed and get going.

First of all, I'd pretend to start running, then I would double back and hang with the camera crew... telling jokes and making friends! eatting sandwiches, laughing at the two BIG men chasing little ole me.  :rofl: :P

Sounds like you got a good start to a great plan. I am pretty sure that would distract me. The whole shower thing that is. :blush:

The episodes that I saw were pretty bogus...the "prey" kept going back to the open and to the trails. If they would have stayed in the brush, the horses couldn't get through and they could have put a lot of distance between them and the tracker.  The "prey" were always predictable.

I agree most of the "prey" needs to spend a lot more time in the bush. I agree with Taken I would like to see him take on someone with an equal background.

The episodes that I saw were pretty bogus...the "prey" kept going back to the open and to the trails. If they would have stayed in the brush, the horses couldn't get through and they could have put a lot of distance between them and the tracker.  The "prey" were always predictable.

~ well, if they have a time limit, then they HAVE to go out in the open. So everything is to the Man Tracker's advantage.  :glare:

Anyhow, anybody knows you can't catch a man by "tracking him down, and hunting him, and chasing him. You put a time limit on a man, and you'll never see him again! LOL"

Puh-leeeze.  :smoke:  I could teach the "Man tracker" a thing or two. 

First of all, put that GUN down, put those horses up.....  Be NICE. 

And relax......  be yourself Mr. Man Tracker. Let'em run if they want to...  and tell them to have fun when they do. Mr. Mantracker needs to believe in himself a bit more than he does. Then maybe he wouldn't feel the need to jump on a horse and run after every man who runs away from him.  cool14.gif

:P :rofl:

And I suppose they have these silly rules that you can't set boobie traps (well, in additon to the Taken's...) , like a rope just high enough to knock up off his horse.

I agree most of the "prey" needs to spend a lot more time in the bush. I agree with Taken I would like to see him take on someone with an equal background.

~ I'd like to see him take on somebody with his SAME skill level... Now THAT would be a good show. :thumbup:

And I suppose they have these silly rules that you can't set boobie traps (well, in additon to the Taken's...) , like a rope just high enough to knock up off his horse.

~ It's one of the Multi-tools that I came with. You gotta use your assets in a survival situation.