WildSurvive Forum

I think he should have to do the show in the "preys" home range at the very least.

~ Exactly. WHAT man gets to hunt the ultimate prey....  in his "Own" back yard? With a cowboy expert who knows every hiding place?  wacky115.gif

When you hunt a Lion, you have to learn about THEIR country.  You don't have one dumped in your backyard so you can jump on your horse and go find it when it's out of its element.

~ Are the hunted allowed to bring all their knives and stuff? All their "gear?"

Or are they tossed out there with nothing? Not even a multitool?

I don't remember seeing them with knives.

~  If they had a show, where it was even.....  and you had two men truly hunting two others and the prey group at least had some tools and some time to think, and to react like true prey, it would be a very popular show.  :thumbup:  He needs to get off the horse and Track on foot. It's only fair. If he has to keep the horse, then there should be NO time limit, and the prey group should be given 24 hours head start. That way true survival skills will really come into play.

The episodes that I saw were pretty bogus...the "prey" kept going back to the open and to the trails. If they would have stayed in the brush, the horses couldn't get through and they could have put a lot of distance between them and the tracker.  The "prey" were always predictable.

You are correct Plump Bob. Its phony. The guy on the run keeps going down roads and trails where the horse can go. All you have to do is go into the deep brush and hold tight. The guy can never find you. Then stay behind him and dont leave tracks. I quit watchin it a long time ago.

You are correct Plump Bob. Its phony. The guy on the run keeps going down roads and trails where the horse can go. All you have to do is go into the deep brush and hold tight. The guy can never find you. Then stay behind him and dont leave tracks. I quit watchin it a long time ago.

~ They can't do that though, because they have a time limit! They are flushed out into the open because they are slaves to a clock.  :whistle:

I still enjoy it on ocassion

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

~ I've NEVER seen it, and I really enjoyed watching the youtube videos of it! I Like the idea! I just think they need to tweak it into a great show.

Nope phony. The jest of the show is to show how well the "man tracker" can track the guys down. For some reason he always gets his man just at the last minute. The guys running have a film crew with them remember. Pretty hard to hide with a film crew along.

I have watched quite a lot of the programs on YouTube. I think too many people use too many tactics, the way to win this game is speed and straight line travel. Actually as you watch more of the programs you will see on the whole a lot of city people do quite well. One of the best ones to watch is of the two girls, I cant remember the girls names but one of them tries to takes Man Trackers horse from him. She was caught by Man Trackers helper but it was a very good effort.

~ It's one of the Multi-tools that I came with. You gotta use your assets in a survival situation.

......ahhh....traps and assets...so that is what they refer to as "T & A".  I've always wondered about that.

The episodes that I saw were pretty bogus...the "prey" kept going back to the open and to the trails. If they would have stayed in the brush, the horses couldn't get through and they could have put a lot of distance between them and the tracker.  The "prey" were always predictable.

The one episode I watched did exactly this.  After twenty minutes, I hadda call booshiit.

ALWAYS go uphill.  Steeper the better.  The horsies actually become a drag and a liability (can't ride 'em, gotta lead 'em). <-- Advantage: runner

About the third time they hit the wide trail, I wuz disgusted.  It was silly, IMO.

Walk ridgelines (again, horsies become a PITA and worse than useless).  NOBODY seems to do this. 

I watched at least 20 different shows.... Mantracker wins 90% of the time..... he is an expert tracker and no one can float forever from one tree to the next...or go in deep bush without finding a high point to take a new compass bering... you can wade a stream...but it rarely goes where you want to go...  oops.gif

Some prey have tried distractions, booby traps, horse scares..... most who won were real smart and moved in low lying areas or on top of rough terrain where Mantracker could not follow...and had to guess the prey's next move....

Some doubled back for miles ...made odd detours and even took off in the opposite direction on purpose...just to place odds in their favor...... and lost...and were twice as tired...

Remember...Mantracker has no compass...no map...but he does have a local guide with him.

The moment the flare rises... the prey is off....and Mantracker starts his search at the proximity of the flare site... hoping to pick up fresh tracks..... and heading...

It is fun to watch.... but video replays kill me......there are too many  reruns of what has just been happening to the prey or mantracker in the last 15 minutes... Hope you get to try the game..... I wish you all the luck I can  :thumbsup:

Like most shows a lot of this one is probably staged, but it is still a neat concept. I would never try out for something like this, but It does look like a lot of fun as long as it was done fairly.

Like most shows a lot of this one is probably staged, but it is still a neat concept. I would never try out for something like this, but It does look like a lot of fun as long as it was done fairly.

~ well I liked it. It IS an interesting concept, if they'd let it develop intellectually it could be stellar....  but when does television ever do that?

I like it. Look at it from a realistic point of view, you would never stay hidden for too long. The time limit just ups the stakes. Eventually you would run out of water or food and have to move. I think it would be  better if they threw in some paintball guns to make it more realistic. Lol

Nope phony. The jest of the show is to show how well the "man tracker" can track the guys down. For some reason he always gets his man just at the last minute. The guys running have a film crew with them remember. Pretty hard to hide with a film crew along.

Doesn't sound like tv has improved any since I quit watching it a decade or so ago...

Doesn't sound like tv has improved any since I quit watching it a decade or so ago...

You bloody Hick lol ;)

I am playing man!

Well I have lung decease so I am not in a position to bust a gut but we would still give Man Tracker a run for his money. i will let you choose were we do it as I believe they give you some flexibility on where you want to do it.