WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
taken by the wind...

Airborne Rangers!

~ I may not always agree with our Foreign Policy, or with the decisions of our "Commander in Chief" to police the world for the gain of Big business...  and to do so without ever following the Constitution of the United States of America's statement that only Congress can "declare war". But I ALWAYS support our Troops.  :thumbup:  

Friday night, my son came in and said "Mom.... come look at this weird lightning in the backyard..."  It wasn't lightning, that was Fort Benning GA...  (which is only a few miles from my house)  lighting up the night with smoke and flares, and some really loud guns of some sort...  :unsure:  Doing their training that they always do.  :thumbup:  Sometimes it rattles the windows in my house. There THEY Were out in the night, on Memorial Day weekend, training.  :nono:

So on this Memorial day, I wanna give my thanks to my OWN home boys,  :cheers: :no1: Those Airborne Rangers of the 75th Ranger Regiment, who train and live right in this town of mine. I work with their wives, and I have taken care of their babies when they could not even be at the delivery because they were on the other side of the world. They are awsome folks and they totally rock!  :thumbup:  

Happy Memorial Day

Wow. My Dad was 101st Airborne and was at Ft. Benning and Ft. Campbell, KY. I'm not sure which one it was where he got his jump wings, but I remember the stories. He was a little earlier that Vietnam but he WAS in a plane ready to jump out of it and into Cuba during the crisis at the Bay of Pigs. They called off the mission in midair. We were THAT close to going to war with Russia.

Thanks Taken. :thumbup:

Remembering James Richard Clark on this day. He liked to be called Dick. He was raised near a large timbered area where a huge private club lake was. He lived in the woods as a kid and his dad taught him to shoot with a target rifle. He got married to a friend of mine from high school right out of school and his hunting fishing and partying got him self divorced. That was the early 60s and we had the draft then. When he was called up for the draft he and another friend Ron were standing in line for the Army when Dick noticed the line for the Marine Corps as a lot shorter so they enlisted in the Marines.He was already a mountain of a man who had built himself up by lifting weights. He won his divisions tough man competition.

They both ended up in Vietnam. Now Dick was never known to be any kind of a follower and kept to himself as much as he could. He picked up empty tin cans and carried them where ever he went out on patrol. At night he would put a grenade in them with the pin out. The can held the trigger so he would tie a trip wire to them all around his area.

One encounter he was the only survivor of his platoon because he told the guys to get off a hill they were on but they didnt listen.He was a crack shot with a rifle but didnt like the M16 because of lack of fire power so he asked for and got a 30-06 with a scope and a pair of binoculars. He would move away from the group when they stopped and he would watch for movement in the bamboo. He told me the Cong would move the bamboo to see and he would follow the movement down till he spotted the guy.By the time he got out of Vietnam he had 51 confirmed kills and two purple hearts and till the day he died he had shrapnel still working out of him. He would tell me stories while we sat fishing.

My friend Dick never recovered from the war and just this late winter he passed away from a losing battle with cancer he got from his service.

I salute you now again my old friend as I did many times when I knew you. Ill catch up with you later my friend.  :arigato:

I was on my way to work yesterday when a lot of emotional thoughts hit me of mentors I miss who have passed away that were all veterans. I turned around and went to town and spent yesterday taking photos of the little things like children playing in the water, riding the carousel, and rating icecream, couples walking hand in hand down the street, the flag flying in the park, people eating hamburgers, home fries, and apple pie and silently saying thank you to all of those who gave all to preserve our freedom and our way of life.