WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Miles111

Plants to Pain Killers

If anyone knows any plants that can be found in canadian forest that can serve as a pain killer that would be very helpful. Also, whats the proper term for North American forest in general? I feel kind of naive for calling it that, and I know its not all Boreal/Taiga.

If anyone knows any plants that can be found in canadian forest that can serve as a pain killer that would be very helpful. Also, whats the proper term for North American forest in general? I feel kind of naive for calling it that, and I know its not all Boreal/Taiga.

There are three major types of forests, classed according to latitude:

* Tropical

* Temperate

* Boreal forests (taiga)

Basically they are referred to as a "Biome" Northern forests are called Boreal or Taiga that is the same name in Russian I think.

Canada is home to a few varieties of willow. Willow contains aspirin in the sap under the bark. If I remember correctly the bark can be chewed but unknown quantities as to how much is the problem.

Heres a good information link to Canadian plants>

http://www4.agr.gc.ca/AAFC-AAC/display-afficher.do?id=1174597176899&lang=eng

I agree with the willow, but be careful because if you have problems with actual aspirin then you want to avoid the willow.  If not willow is a great idea.  Just remember aspirin and the same ingrediants in willow can cause problems if your injured seeing they are blood thinners.