WildSurvive Forum
Price

Frisbee Golfin

Anyone else know of and/or play Frisbee Golf?  I started playing last year and have been playing loads since the warm weather.  I plan on taking pictures of the course thats close to home and ill be posting them so keep your eyes peeled :)

For those who have no idea what im talking about heres a youtube video so you can at least get the drift of it.

And heres the three main techniques on how to throw a frisbee golf disc properly.

How to throw a Frisbee Golf Disc

Grandson that dont pay very well now does it?  :glare:

You guys still coming down over the fourth?

Im actually in the process of getting my CDL grandpa, Taken the test for my CDL permit a week from friday.

Yea I plan on visiting for my birthday.

~ So does this "Disc Golf" cover 9-18 holes like regular Golf?  :unsure: 

I guess sand traps would be ineffective, but are there water traps? or roof traps?  (or over the fence traps?)  :unsure:

Golf courses already take up a LOT of space on an ever shrinking planet...  maybe if this sport catches on, the Golf courses can offer it at night, and they can use glow in the dark Frisbees...  :hugegrin:

All they'd have to do is change out the flags for some frisbee-catching poles.  :thumbsup:

That opens up a whole new avenue for marketing.....    8|  The Frisbee Bag....  Frisbee sets.... (I can't believe that guy had THAT many "discs" to play a game, even a putter disc.)  :P    Bumper Stickers.... "I'd rather be flinging a disc"  Videos.... "Working on your Fling"

"Knowing when to Sling vs when to Fling" 

Frisbee Carts.... 

Frisbee Caddy.... 

Frisbee Resorts.... 

I see land being a major factor in the advancement of the sport, though.  :smoke:  Golf courses aren't going to want to share. Too much money in Golf. They'll stomp this frisbee thing out before it takes off.

Im actually in the process of getting my CDL grandpa, Taken the test for my CDL permit a week from friday.

Yea I plan on visiting for my birthday.

Good for you grandson and thanks for the warning on that drivin test.  :P

Hey Price! I know what you're talking about! We invented that sport in the 70's (sorta like Al Gore invented the internet)! We would play 9 holes, and the holes were telephone poles and there was only ONE frisbee size back then.

About 500 yards from my office there is a disc golf course at the regional park. The golfers and the ren faire folks always have a fight over the golf course during the renaissance faires because they take up the whole golf course for thier festival.

We play occasionally but opt to shoot at the trap club (next door) cause they serve beer there! :)

~ So does this "Disc Golf" cover 9-18 holes like regular Golf?  :unsure:  

I guess sand traps would be ineffective, but are there water traps? or roof traps?  (or over the fence traps?)   :unsure:

Golf courses already take up a LOT of space on an ever shrinking planet...   maybe if this sport catches on, the Golf courses can offer it at night, and they can use glow in the dark Frisbees...  :hugegrin:

All they'd have to do is change out the flags for some frisbee-catching poles.  :thumbsup:

That opens up a whole new avenue for marketing.....    8|   The Frisbee Bag....  Frisbee sets.... (I can't believe that guy had THAT many "discs" to play a game, even a putter disc.)  :P    Bumper Stickers.... "I'd rather be flinging a disc"   Videos.... "Working on your Fling"

"Knowing when to Sling vs when to Fling"  

Frisbee Carts....  

Frisbee Caddy....  

Frisbee Resorts....  

I see land being a major factor in the advancement of the sport, though.  :smoke:   Golf courses aren't going to want to share. Too much money in Golf. They'll stomp this frisbee thing out before it takes off.

Frisbee Golf has been around for a looong time.  The course I go to is an 18 hole course, but ive been to a few that only have 9.  Putter discs are important (I still need to get myself one) basically it doesnt slant left or right just floats straight no matter how you throw it.  The guy in the video did have a lot of discs...but each disc is different in either its curve when thrown or weight.  In frisbee golf, the frisbee, acts as the CLUB and BALL.  Its really enjoyable and A LOT of courses are within forests which makes the "turbulence" for the shooter.  Sometimes you throw over a lake...which would be a bummer to lose your disc within it cuz the discs arent exactly the cheapest equipment around.  I bought my first ever disc (was using a friends all of last year) and it cost me about $13....$12.66 to be exact.  Its a very casual sport and for someone my size its nice to get out and get some exercise by walking the course.  The longest par on the course I go to is 400ft = Par 4 and the smallest is about 185ft = Par 3. Add that up with the other 16 holes you have yourself quite a walk.  The courses are usually free to use, but some on the other hand arent.  The most expensive course ive paid to play on was $0.35 which is by far cheaper then to play on a Ball/club golf course.

Good for you grandson and thanks for the warning on that drivin test.  :P

Lol wish me luck, I need it.

~ Well.... How do the owners make any money? If it's free to play on the course?  Are they the ones who sell the equipment to play?  :unsure:

I DID think.... What GREAT excercise it must be, though...  that's a huge plus. Anything that gets people OUTSIDE, and walking around in the woods can't be bad!  :thumbup:

thanks for sharing, Price, I've never heard of frisbee golf. sounds fun.  :yes:

the place i like to mountainbike has a frisbee golf course, funny thing is the bike trails run threw parts of the course, so you dont just have to look out for deer, turkeys and other bikers...you sometimes have to duck the disc's.  :hugegrin:

the place i like to mountainbike has a frisbee golf course, funny thing is the bike trails run threw parts of the course, so you dont just have to look out for deer, turkeys and other bikers...you sometimes have to duck the disc's.  :hugegrin:

~ maybe we should ask Price if a cyclists's head counts sort of as hole in one?  :P :rofl: :thumbsup:

Actually lots of Frisbee golf courses around this area. They can be overlayed on a park, giving it another use, since the Frisbee course does not necessarily have to be dedicated to that use. I have seen them out in the woods and muck as well, since they are not as closely groomed as a golf course.    There is a school close to here that has one on the grounds as well, just around the school and through the ball fields. 

Peaceful coexistence.