WildSurvive Forum
razor sharp

Show us your guns! (not your biceps swede)

i am a shooter and love guns of all shapes and sizes, I'm not prejudiced lets see what everyone shoots for fun, home defence or hunting, and of course tell us about them! these aren't all of mine but there my favorites. the first picture is my new ruger ill be shooting tomorrow, the next are my reach out and touch something guns. the top one is a .223 and the bottom is my marlin i accurized. and the last picture has my rock river ar-15, kimber 45, smith and wesson 908 compact and a walther p-22 and my mossberg 930 tacticooool. as well as my duck, goose and pheasant gun, a mossberg 500.

Okay...

Here's my Colt Lightweight Government .45 ACP:

100_3122.jpg

From top to bottom:  Maverick 88 12 gauge, Bushmaster AR-15 in 5.56, Marlin Model 60 .22lr, and Remington Targetmaster .22lr.

100_2943.jpg

Clockwise from top:  Colt Anaconda .44 Magnum, Ruger LCR .38 (Ursula's) and Ruger LCP .380 ACP, Ruger GP-100 .357 Magnum, S&W 642 .38Spl, Ruger SP-101 .22lr, Ruger MkII Standard .22lr, Colt 1991A1 Compact .45 ACP--aka "Elvira"--and S&W Military & Police .40 S&W cal.

100_2944.jpg

The LCP is gone now, traded it to dad for a S&W Sigma .40 and a .410 shotgun.  That's most of them....

Very nice collections everyone. I don't hunt any thing anymore so these are all paper punchers

003.thumb.JPG.c148d9dbea13c163838bc24dadf4c2d9.JPG

i like your collection can man, and is that only a 20 inch barrel on you Remington 700. it looks short. i know short barrels are stiffer and have better harmonics so they are inherently more accurate but how much velocity do you loose over a 24 or 26 inch?

i like your collection can man, and is that only a 20 inch barrel on you Remington 700. it looks short. i know short barrels are stiffer and have better harmonics so they are inherently more accurate but how much velocity do you loose over a 24 or 26 inch?

I'm getting about 2550 with 168 gr.SMK's. You do have to be on your game with the wind. The 175 gr. SMK's work better at about 2600.

ive never reloaded but have considered it, especially if i get a 300 win mag or a 308. i cant get my black hills remanufactured 69 grain .223 that my savage loves to eat. i might get a loader and start working up loads for it to get started.

I haven't had it very long but I like it. I just can't decide what to do with it. I know they are good for long range but also good for bringing the heat. I don't have any shooting ranges close by and I hate to just shoot up the woods (weird I know) so I haven't put many rounds through it. I'll probably hunt with it some this season just to get it out of the cabinet.

i bought a riser block that clamps to the flat top and mounted a scope to it. that way if i want cqb, i loosen 2 nuts and put the red dot on (my rock river has the tactical flatop to cowittness the sights) and if i want long range i put on the mounted scope. ive tested it once and iy easally came within 1 inch of zero at 100.

Nice muddy. I've got a Model 70 on my things to do list. Now I just have the money to make dilemma to figure out.

Nice collections, guys!  Not a loser amongst them!   :thumbup:  

~ What would constitute a loser?  :unsure:

We got a big Gun and knife show coming up Aug. 6th and 7th. I'm actually going to be OFF that weekend! So I'm gonna go!  :thumbsup:  So I Need to know what's a Loser. (And if guns are like men...  I am not good at picking them.) Anyhow, I'm just looking. (I think).

K-Bob... I might need your number so I can just shoot pics and send them to you or Ursula....  :rofl:

~ What would constitute a loser?  :unsure:

We got a big Gun and knife show coming up Aug. 6th and 7th. I'm actually going to be OFF that weekend! So I'm gonna go!  :thumbsup:  So I Need to know what's a Loser. (And if guns are like men...  I am not good at picking them.) Anyhow, I'm just looking. (I think).

K-Bob... I might need your number so I can just shoot pics and send them to you or Ursula....  :rofl:

find someone that knows guns to take with you. We could wright a 30 page book on what to look for in a used gun and there are so many good new ones on the market to decide from...just dont buy anything that says Lorcin , mattel or lego  :rofl:

find someone that knows guns to take with you. We could wright a 30 page book on what to look for in a used gun and there are so many good new ones on the market to decide from...just dont buy anything that says Lorcin , mattel or lego  :rofl:

~ So...  What I hear you saying (if I'm hearing you correctly), is that NONE of you "Big Boys", would look twice at a sweet little item like this? In vintage condition, in its original package? NONE of you would want it  for a collection?  cool14.gif

mattelfanner50.jpg

m16marauderbmatteljpg.png

Yeah....  I figured you didn't mean all that BAD stuff you said about Mattel...     :P  

They don't make toys like THIS anymore....  :rofl:

Funny thing is, You could by a REAL Firearm for a lot cheaper than these babies go for.  :smoke:

:dribble: oooooohhhhhh i want one

~ You're smelling that old "cap smell" aren't you? Remember that smokey gun powdery smell they teased you with when you were a little boy? If your cap-gun broke, you'd just use a rock to smash those caps and smell that intoxicating smell.... "come shoot stuff with me.....  come away.... you're invincible when I'm on your side"  It was like crack for little boys...     :dribble:

That's back when we knew how to RAISE boys in this country.  :smoke:

I had one of  those Taken,the fanner 50 anyway. Pair of cowboy boots and I was one bad hombre. Yeah I was

~ What would constitute a loser?  :unsure:

Here's a short list of brands to avoid:  Lorcin, LG, Davis Jimenez, Jennings, and Bryco.  People will debate whether Hi Point arms should be on the list, I don't like their handguns personally but some folks do.  Their carbines are better.  There are probably a few others that I'm not remembering right now...