WildSurvive Forum
razor sharp

Show us your guns! (not your biceps swede)

Hi John yeah it's got a full ramp. I haven't run any defensive type HP or JHP but others say they feed fine. I really don't know if you can get any more efficient then 230 grains of anything but I'll at least try some.

Hi John yeah it's got a full ramp. I haven't run any defensive type HP or JHP but others say they feed fine. I really don't know if you can get any more efficient then 230 grains of anything but I'll at least try some.

im sure with a fully ramped barrel you could feed it federal flying ashtrays and it will run reliable. and yes, it dont get much better than the 230 grain. love my .45s man.  i run speer gold dot in mine for defence.  they feed like ball (i had an old springfield national match that wouldn't feed anything but ball and they would work flawlessly in it) they are damn need match rounds to, my kimber prints 1-1/2 inch groups at 25 yards from the bench with them and they have a great track record for actual defensive shootings. everytime i see a cut down 1911 i wonder if i really need a 9mm compact  :hugegrin:

I borrowed a worked National Match once to shoot a DCM match. That slow fire target at 50 yards is a hoot. 1 1/2 at 25 is outstanding.

I borrowed a worked National Match once to shoot a DCM match. That slow fire target at 50 yards is a hoot. 1 1/2 at 25 is outstanding.

back when i shot competition i could hold a 3 inch group(all 7 rounds) at 25 off hand but im way out of practice now, im lucky to hit target  :P  yeah, i wish i had that kimber custom II when i shot competition. ill bet from a ransome rest with good ammo it would print cloverleafs all day long.  and its reliable as hell to boot.

yeah, that big slow bullet really has some drop at 50. its good practice though, if you can hit a target at 50 reasonably well with a handgun then everything inside of that is cake.

well i didnt get a chopped 45.  but i did get this new toy yesterday. i wanted the smallest 9mm i could get that ergonomically matched my 1911. i love single action pistols and just didnt like the trigger on the ruger lcp and keltec and i did like the kahr but didnt like a pistol without a manual safty. so i found this gem at my local gunshop.  it comes with two magazines one holds 6 rounds and the other holds 7 rounds of 9mm. (the smallest caliber id carry for defence)  this is the sig 938 extream. it has some excellent added features that i like in my pistols.  it has tritium glow in the dark night sights, checkering on the front and back strap, the second magazine extends the handle and makes it feel like a much bigger pistol without adding much to its size. it has a ambidextrious safty and a single action trigger that although not a true 1911 trigger mimicks it close enough to feel great to me. its a bit heavy at 6-7 pounds pull but breaks clean and dosnt feel creepy or gritty and dosnt stack up like some others.  ill hopefully have a full range review by this weekend  :hugegrin:

sig_001.thumb.JPG.83ca8830dd79c328ae748015988ce84b.JPG

I got to play with it yesterday, Me likey!!  The sights are awesome.  Cant wait to bust a few out of it and see how it feels.  The grips are awesome too.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Here is the beautiful Miss Emma with my new Savage Mark II GL .22 Bolt Action Rifle.  I still am going to put a 4x16 BSA mil dot scope on it, a sling, and maybe a tripod for range shooting.  Thats another 125 bucks but I can't wait to finish it up. 

picsss001.jpg

I've shown these two Smith & Wessons before, but since I'd gotten them I've added aftermarket grips to them.  The upper gun is the model 38 Bodyguard now with a set of Hogue Bantam grips, and the lower is the model 66 Combat Magnum with Hogue Monogrips.  Much better than the original grips!

CroppedSmiths.jpg

Thanks K-bob!  I have always loved bolt rifles, and this was my first chance to buy one.  This is going to be my squirrel gun and distance shooter.  I'm making my 10/22 into a little "tactical/run and gunner"

It's my all-time favorite pocket gun (that goes for J-frames in general, too).  I never worry about a jam and it's light enough that I don't notice the weight during a day. 

They only run around 400 isn't it?  Maybe less?  Or am I thinking of another S&W revolver?

That one of mine is the old model 38 and isn't made anymore.  The new ones average around $450 or so or maybe less depending on where you are, but there are several models to choose from.  You can tell the new ones by the lock built into them above the cylinder latch.  The main thing is that I prefer the 'Airweight's, they have aluminum frames instead of steel.  That way I don't notice the weight and I'm less likely to leave it behind.  Model 637, 638, 642, and the new Bodyguard are all pretty good guns.

Here is the beautiful Miss Emma with my new Savage Mark II GL .22 Bolt Action Rifle.  I still am going to put a 4x16 BSA mil dot scope on it, a sling, and maybe a tripod for range shooting.  Thats another 125 bucks but I can't wait to finish it up. 

picsss001.jpg

I like bolt action .22s much better than the autoloaders for any serious hunting. I have taken larger game down in days gone by with a bolt action .22 that I wouldn't even attempt with an auto...unless I was even more desperate than I was then and practically standing on top of it. The .22 Hornet is my favorite all around cartridge.

I still haven't gotten to shoot it yet, I'm hoping to on Saturday.  I got a feeling that this will be a VERY acurate little rifle.

I told her to pose for me with the gun and ended up getting the "look"...

I still haven't gotten to shoot it yet, I'm hoping to on Saturday.  I got a feeling that this will be a VERY acurate little rifle.

I told her to pose for me with the gun and ended up getting the "look"...

Savage makes a nice rifle. I can't even begin to count how many rabbits, squirrels, fox squirrels, and even deer that were taken on my grandparent's farm with my old Savage .22WMR

Oh, if that's "the look" you're doing ok man.