trails004wy1.jpg

My sidewalk formans

trails007gl5.jpg

trails015pq7.jpg

End of trail here Cedar Creek

trails016zo0.jpg

Left to right me Brownie Sonny Bob

snow2006001mc8.jpg

Swede you are a lucky guy.  That is great.  I wouldn't mind having use of that for a weekend or two......oh the things I could do. 

Guest Lead Dog

Swede, that is a very nice playground you have there.  And those trails look just wide enough for a Jeep I know...  :)

Although theres a lot of thorn trees along the route I drove my 2002 s10 chev zr2 4x4 down one of the trails. I dont have any flat tires today yet so I must have missed them. Ive got to get out there today to take my quad down all the trails to cut off stobs that didnt get pushed out and look for thorns. I dont own that dozer I just rented it. Its just a 555 john deer about the size of a large cat no.3 or 4.. Smaller than a six. I know you might not know what that is but Ive spent years learning stuff like that.Its a nice dozer just right for the work I did.

Im taking my 91 geo tracker out to the farm to give my dad a ride down the trails hopping he will pay for it heh heh. I had the rent bill sent to him just in case. :woot:

Its only 600 bucks..

Theres four seperate trails Dave. Mrs Swede came out after we got done and we went ridding down them and here came a big buch chasing a doe after we had made all that noise all day.

Our property across cedar creek. We have about 30 acres on the other side of the creek that usually on a regular year has a lot more water in it. When I was younger it didnt matter how much water was in it I crossed it. We managed to find a place to cross on the quads.

crosscreek001yr6.jpg

Theres a high bluff that runs south that is more like a ridge. The sides drop off fairly steep on both sides and ends abrutly as the creek turns back north.

crosscreek002aq7.jpg

The prow or nose of the ridge is covered with oak and hard maple making ground shade so theres little under brush. One of the most beautiful areas of the whole farm. Sitting there in a snow shower is almost spiritual.

crosscreek003af9.jpg

crosscreek004tp7.jpg

crosscreek005gt2.jpg

Can you find the deer in this picture?

crosscreek006dp9.jpg

Guest taken by the wind...

~ no... listening to you talk about this land, that you obviously have loved for years ~ That is spiritual...

because you don't speak of it as its owner, but you speak of it as its keeper. There's a reverence in those woods...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Then a familiar furry brown figure waddled into the center of the group...

"How can they do that?"  asked Mr. Swede, the resident Beaver, whose family had built the pond many years ago. "How can people OWN a lake? Don't they know that nobody can own a part of the Earth, or the Water? How can you own something that you belong to, something that you came from, or something that you return to when you die? Are they crazy or something?"

"They think they own things because they are arrogant" whispered the Oak.

"Well then somebody needs to teach'em a thing or two!" said the Beaver, smacking his tail on the ground. "We could go get those fish and ducks and invite them back here to live!"

"They'd never leave." Said the Mudcat, regaining control of his story...

~ the spirit of the story forever haunts us... ~

This property has been in our family since was born. I have memories from a near death experiance of my being in my crib in the farm house on this property. I wadered these woods my whole life and I guess this is my true home-this place I feel is where I belong. As my father begins to fail to the point he is incabable to function on his own I have returned to this place. I feel It is up to me to preserve this part of the earth not just for me but for every one after Im gone.

Your right no one owns the land. they just use it while their alive because it stays after your gone. At one time this area was home to over fifty cows. The land near the barns was home to hundreds of pigs. The area east of the house was home to dozens of chickens. It was a working farm and my grandfather raised my dad and two sisters here. Now my dad has raised my two brothers and two sisters here. My grandmother and grandfather died here. My mother spent her last days here also.

Now the farm is in danger of being sold and devided at the time of my dads death. With its value climbing the farm right now is worth 600,000 dollars. Thats some serious money and its going to be a struggle to keep the brothers and sisters from cashing in. They dont have the reverance I hold for the connection to the land.

Did you find the deer in the last picture?

i think i see it in the middle of the picture .... slightly to the right from the middle

EDIT ... here's a picture of where i think the deer is

crosscreek006dp49xk3.jpg

uh huh ... right after i showed it  :rofl: :rofl:

i'm just kiddin ... i'll be nice and i'll let you have 15 days of free posting  ;) :lol: :thumbup:

Lookie here who got himself caught at my cabin. I had the trap set for a stray cat but I got this guy instead. He completely ignored the last guy who got caught here.

possum003bl7.jpg.

OOOOH by crockey he seems to be a bit grumpy

possum002li0.jpg

We trucked him out to the farm and away he goes. :wave:

possum005ug3.jpg

Guest Lead Dog

We used to get possum visitors.  The last time I saw one in our yard, a mother was leading her babies through it.  The dogs were antsy to go outside so I let them out thinking they had to take care of business.  The possums made it to the fence, but one of the dogs grabbed the last one on the fence and turned him into a play toy.  Since then, no possums.