WildSurvive Forum
Swede

Swede cuts trails

If you notice the bank on the far side of the wet land is covered in trees and brush. Im going to build a comfortable blind on that  hill side to watch the life return to the swamp. :thumbup: By comfortable I mean recliners screens and water and bug proof. :P

Im waiting for the turkies to start gobbling right now. Ill get some turkey talk soon. :)

Cup holders, foot massager, drinks with those little toothpick umbrellas, lava lamp, hibachi, mini refridgerator, velvet painting of dogs playing pool, poker table, ice machine, wet bar, Holly's fart machine for laughs. You got yerself a mighty comfortable blind there Mr. Swede.   

I woke up at daylight with the sound of thunder so I stuck my head out the sliding door to my deck and saw it sprinkling and dark to the west. I put on my boots over my bare feet and doned a hooded sweat shirt grabbed a blanket and with a hot cup coffee and went out on my deck. My deck has a roof over it and keeps me dry.

The rain got heavier and rolling thunder all around I covered up with my blanket and witnessed the comming of spring. A pair of chickadees came in there and grabbed some sunflower seeds from the feeder. Their happy little chirps added to the sounds of the rain. The grackels were high in the tree tops singing away and buisy chattering to each other. The robins couldnt be happier as the rain brought up earth worms and they were buisy stalking them down in the back yard.

The grass was turning green right in front of my eyes and I realized just how lucky I was to be alive one more day.The thunder continues right now and the rain is really comming down. I wish I could be out to the new wet land this morning to watch the wood ducks puddling around.

It makes life worth living one more day. :thumbup: :peace: :pray: :)

Dinner!   :woot:

Only a real woman would make a statement like that. You've got to have some imperfections somewhere! I ain't seen em yet! (why do I have a feeling Taken is going to make the next post... :P)

"Taken!" Holly whispers loudly.  "Do NOT tell Rocky about ANY of my imperfections!  Especially not about my wooden leg or my glass eyeball or my wig or my dentures!  And whatever you do, do NOT tell him I used to be a man!"

OH BOY my trail camera came through for me at the new wet land. What kind of duck is this?

wetland2004ao6.jpg

wetland2005ax5.jpg

wetland2006uh7.jpg

Guest taken by the wind...

you guys just think Holly's talking about that turkey... but in reality, she spotted that discarded M&M wrapper through the weeds there, and that's what she's responding to.  :whistle: :P

you guys just think Holly's talking about that turkey... but in reality, she spotted that discarded M&M wrapper through the weeds there, and that's what she's responding to.  :whistle: :P

I say flattery will get you Everywhere!

Jealousy will get you....uh......really good "make-up" sex.

~ I'm just wondering how many of you will go back and look to see if there really IS an M&M wrapper out there! LOL!  :smoke:  admit it rocky... you looked didn't you?

~ I'm just wondering how many of you will go back and look to see if there really IS an M&M wrapper out there! LOL!  :smoke:  admit it rocky... you looked didn't you?

I only looked.......down her shirt when she bent over to pick it up. :) I'm a guy, what can I say?!?!?

"Taken!" Holly whispers loudly.  "Do NOT tell Rocky about ANY of my imperfections!  Especially not about my wooden leg or my glass eyeball or my wig or my dentures!  And whatever you do, do NOT tell him I used to be a man!"

~ Holly, you have NO imperfections girl! Except for a heart that is way too big, and way too fragile, for your own good, and a sense of humor that is perhaps even bigger than your 80's hair-do. (If such a thing could be...)  :P :whistle:  You have a laugh that warms the coldest room in anyone's heart, and a smile that says I'm as sweet as Carolina Jasmine on a Summer Night... 

:hug:

Awwwww...Taken!  :kiss:  Thank you for those sweet words!  :blush:

Anyway, you were totally right about the M&Ms.  I snatched them right up!  Here's the "Before" picture.  The guys only saw the "After" picture...

dinnerxk1.jpg

~ LOL!  :woot: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  how did you DO that?? that is so funny!

Guest Lead Dog

Swede, I love your "pet" wood ducks.  They are beautiful creatures.

Tree planting at the farm

treeplanting001np1.jpg

Seedlings are hickory sicamore hackberry walnut oaks and pecan.

treeplanting002yz5.jpg

treeplanting003yx2.jpg

treeplanting004xw7.jpg

Crew hand feeds the seedlings into the trench made by the machine. The two tires close the trench.

treeplanting005oc8.jpg

Spacing is 10 foot apart between each seedling and 20 ft. between rows.

treeplanting006zn1.jpg

Herbacide is banded in the rows by a quad to slow weed growth and let seedlings get established.

treeplanting007en0.jpg

My dad(86) and Jeff Brown 2162 north county rd. 800 Nauvoo Il. 62354 has planted over 7000 acres of trees.

treeplanting008jx0.jpg

~ so how long until we get a forest? 

~ do you have a forest yet?  :unsure: