WildSurvive Forum
Muddy Pete

Muddy Pete learns to cook. Mad skillz

Guest blacksmith

:dribble: :dribble: :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

being a bachalor now for a while ive really started to pick up some cooking skills (i love to eat) but i dont think i ready for pumpkin pie from scratch yet. great work muddy, now send everyone on the forum a slice so we can test it. fed ex overnight should get it done.  :hugegrin:

being a bachalor now for a while ive really started to pick up some cooking skills (i love to eat) but i dont think i ready for pumpkin pie from scratch yet. great work muddy, now send everyone on the forum a slice so we can test it. fed ex overnight should get it done.  :hugegrin:

Other then preparing the pumpkins, Everything else came from the Betty Crocker cook book. I just wanted to hit a pumpkin with a machete.

OH! Thanksgiving is coming. Herree turkey, turkey, turkey...

:rofl:

Other then preparing the pumpkins, Everything else came from the Betty Crocker cook book. I just wanted to hit a pumpkin with a machete.

OH! Thanksgiving is coming. Herree turkey, turkey, turkey...

yummy. i love pumkin seads. especially really salty. awsome muddy.

This batch sat out too long and dried out. Next time I'll put them straight into the oven. 

ive only ever made them once. had no clue how. i let them dry a bit (i went to work) came back and put them in a bowl of really salty water overnight. then spread them on a cookie sheet and baked on low heat for an hour or so.  they came out really good. havnt made them since.

I found my copy of Joy of Cooking this morning. Buttermilk biscuits tomorrow. I'm was thinking about pumpkin bread with pineapple. Then I thought, pumpkin bread AND Pineapple Fell on the floor cake. I might just get some pie crust and make meat cake tonight. Mmmmm, meat cake. :dribble:

~ I like to sprinkle pumpkin seeds with Lawreys seasoned salt. It's ok if they're dried out a bit, you could've soaked them in water or blanched them for a minute in boiling water, and THEN baked them. I usually bake them when they're still wet with pumpkin guts. I put them in a not so hot oven about 250 to 300 degrees, and every fifteen minutes I stir them. I cook them for a total of about 45 minutes or so. Till they're good and crunchy. Leave some of the pumpkin guts on them, it just seasons them.  :thumbup:

Acorn Squash is really good, and it's the season to eat it. You can just cut it in two (like you did the pumpkin), scoop out the seeds like you did with the pumpkins and those seeds are good toasted too. spread each half open face up with butter. bake them in the oven on about 350 for 45-50 minutes, and eat it along side whatever meat you cook for supper. It's very savory. When they cook, the insides will be slightly browned, and the outsides will be brownish black. I just season them with butter and salt. Just put the whole half on your plate and dip out the meat of the squash with a fork or spoon. The peel will turn dark brown when it cooks. Nothing says fall like some baked acorn squash. When you bake them, the sugars caramelize and that's the best way to bring out the flavor. You could probably cook them on open coals as well if they were wrapped in foil. It would be a fun way to get kids to eat some squash! lol. 

This ain't cooking, but it's something different than onion dip and pretty good.

Dried beef cheese ball

Ingredients:

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese,

softened

3 ounces dried beef

2 green onions, chopped

1/4 teaspoon onion salt

1 1/4 teaspoons monosodium glutamate

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

Directions:

1. In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, dried beef, green onions, onion salt, monosodium glutamate, and Worcestershire sauce. Form the mixture into a ball and refrigerate before serving.

Dunno about the monosodium glutamate (MSG) I just add cream to thin it out a bit and you break less chips.

And if that's not abusive enough to your cholesterol, take some pepperoni slices, spread them out on a plate on a couple of paper towels and nuke it for about 40 seconds or til nice and crispy. Use those a s chips.  :yes:

Guest blacksmith

that looks real good :dribble: :dribble: :dribble: :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

Guest blacksmith

:dribble: :dribble: :dribble: :dribble: :dribble: :dribble: :dribble: :no1: