WildSurvive Forum
Muddy Pete

Muddy Pete learns to cook. Mad skillz

Homemade cornbread with thick smoked bacon cooked inside. I used the cast iron skillet to cook the bacon earlier this morning. I just poured the cornbread mix right into the bacon grease. 

p1240007.jpg

Ummm bacon cornbread! Looks and sounds good. My wife will put jalapenos peppers in our sometimes.  Its really good that way too.l

I picked up some red bricks today. Now I can cook over hot coals and not burn everything.

p1300052.jpg

I roasted some yellow cornmeal and made some homemade granola.

p1300054.jpg

Mixed in with some honey. I should have thrown in some raisons.

p1300055.jpg

I made another batch of cornbread. I like it better without bacon inside.

p1300060.jpg

ive made some homade granola bars before but mistakenly doubled the sugar in them. they were awsome but so sweet they were like a sugar bomb. youd eat one and do this for an hour  scared011.gif :bounce:  then this  :blink: and finaly this  sleep022.gif

Improvised lemon squeezer

p1310003i.jpg

I found my old cook book. Next week I’ll make dishwasher fish.

p1310006y.jpg

It started out as a key lime pie. Since I couldn’t find key limes, I made a lime pie with some lemons and oranges.

p1310007a.jpg

p1310009.jpg

First try at a white cheese pizza

p1310012j.jpg

I’ve never been a big fan of fish. However it is important to expand one’s horizons. So tonight I‘m cooking Tilapia with asparagus…in the dishwasher.

Lemon, Old bay and butter wrapped up in aluminum foil and placed in the glass rack.

p2050001e.jpg

Asparagus wrapped up on the left.

p2050004.jpg

I cooked rice on the stove.

p2050005t.jpg

p2050006.jpg

Contingency Plan.

p2050008.jpg

p2050009b.jpg

p2050010r.jpg

Dish washer!  :nono:  I think Ill stick with my fryin pan. Tilapia  is hard to cook any way with out it turning to mush.

Dish washer!  :nono:  I think Ill stick with my fryin pan. Tilapia  is hard to cook any way with out it turning to mush.

Naw. This one came out tender and flaky. I'm baking another lime pie. I figured out the meringue trick.

You can take a small blow torch and singe the meringue on top to turn it brown.

It did that all on it's own. I learned from last week that if any egg yolk gets into the meringue it won't tighten up.  I was more careful this week.

im drooling...good work muddy

Thanks everyone. This pie has a short life span expectancy. Although I doubt anyone here trusts me after I cooked dinner in the dishwasher last night. I told them afterwards.

Thanks everyone. This pie has a short life span expectancy. Although I doubt anyone here trusts me after I cooked dinner in the dishwasher last night. I told them afterwards.

ive cooked supper with an iron before, if it botheres them they can starve.  pie has a short life expectancy anywhere neer me...mmmmm...pieeeeeeeee

Chili in the crock pot.

p2120007y.jpg

Valentines cheesecake. I started working on this around 10:00 PM tonight. I had to run an extension cord under the bedroom door so that the mixer wouldn’t wake up the house.

p2120004f.jpg

p2120010c.jpg