WildSurvive Forum
Muddy Pete

Welcome to the Jersey shore

Lunch at the Hemingway Hotel in Cape May on Wednesday.

PA260037.jpg

PA260039.jpg

Today was chilly. We turned on the gas fireplace my office lobby. We've cooked s'mores (when the boss wasn't around), hot tea when the power went off during a snow storm. Some dumdum made charcloth when the office was closed.

PA280002.jpg

PB030030.jpg

PB030032.jpg

Someone told me that the house from the Munsters TV show was based on this house.

PB030033.jpg

Office house tour in Avalon today. How'd you like to have that as your fish pond?

PB040036.jpg

Stone Harbor Nun's retreat on 110th street.

PB040037.jpg

~ WOW ....  those nuns got a great place to "retreat" to don't they?  8|    OMG... That DOES look like the Munster's house!  :woot:

and that would be SO cool to have that as a fishpond!  I love dolphins! Of course it would look out of place in my little backyard, but STILL.................  Sellar!  :thumbsup:

I went to the Cape May County Zoo on Thursday with the infamous Apple Martini and her four year old son Space Ace. Martini had an emergency with her older son The Great Gazoo and asked me if I would be okay to take the kids (Space Ace and the neighbors little girl we'll call her Sally) through the Zoo for an hour while she ran across the street to the emergency room.

PB100034.jpg

PB100035.jpg

PB100036.jpg

Back in the summer, a peacock appeared in the backyard of my condo 3 mile away. I called the zoo information line and they informed me that it was NOT of theirs. I asked if peacocks were good to eat and hung up.

PB100037.jpg

PB100038.jpg

PB100039.jpg

I showed them how to read the little park pamphlet with the zoo map on the back. After that they were more interested in the map then the actual animals.

PB100040.jpg

PB100042.jpg

I am now carrying the sweat shirts, the water bottles, the snacks (none of which I got), someones action figure, Sally's mittens my camera and the cell phone which I don't have a free hand to answer since Martini keeps calling with updates on Dumb-dumb.

PB100045.jpg

~ Lol.....  I Love that purple sippy cup!  I think that should be numero uno survival gear.  :smoke:

WHAT cute kids!  It would be a treat to take some kids that age to the zoo!  :cool:  Luckee!  :glare:

(I do hope you had some hand sanitizer for after the Petting Zoo.... (hello? E.Coli.... Salmonella, and let's not forget trH3n2)  :smoke:

Two years ago Ace wore his giraffe costume to the zoo. Made him easy see. Got the lions all worked up.

~ I lack about a semester getting a degree in Early Childhood education... and about a year in getting a degree in middle school education (in Science). When I was in school there was a huge surpluss of teachers, and then I got pregnant, so I went the way of healthcare.... (which turned out to be my devine path to traverse...) Taking a couple of bright eyed kids.... to a zoo.... would be one of those days that I would mark in my life as extra extra super duper special.  :arigato:

I love teaching!  I believe that every child is gifted in their own unique way, and that if we left them alone, they would realize that gift.  :thumbup:

instead.... we rob them of whatever joy they happen to find in doing their own research, in their own time and in their own way. We try to make them fit into that ONE square mold that all the others fit into.  :thumbdown:

The casualty of the system is the Warrior Spirit of our young men. Highly ironic.... the one personality feature we gravitate to in movies... and in books, is the ONE trait that our mostly female teachers cannot appreciate, admire, or cultivate. It's like they want to destroy it. And THAT offends me.  wacky115.gif

The weekend after Thanksgiving, Stone Harbor has an annual Christmas parade and the stores downtown open up. These are pictures from my office lobby. We're having a party this afternoon.

DSCN1168.jpg

DSCN1167.jpg

A few more shots on 96th street. I haven't seen Santa, Rudolph and Frosty yet

This guy had a xylophone and some drums so the kids could play along.

DSCN1173.jpg

Sandart.

DSCN1170.jpg

DSCN1176.jpg

Doughnuts.

DSCN1175.jpg

Homemade chili and hotdogs at my office.

DSCN1179.jpg

DSCN1181.jpg

~ oh..... colored sand art. Gotcha.

The booth had a sign that said sand art. The bins had colored sand. I think you put different colored sands into a bottle in layers. Ergo Sand art. They were making doughnuts across the street so I didn't care.