WildSurvive Forum

you dont need an exspensive one, just an american harvest with fruit roll up sheets is all i have. try to get one with a fan and temp control. they work best. you can dehydrate any meal you eat at home and it will make great trail food. rehydrated food is easy to clean out of a plastic insulated cup to (it dosnt stick) but if you use the zip lock trick you wont even have to do that. hell you can dehydrate spaghettios if you want. just remember, it takes a good ten minuts with boiled water to "rehydrate" most stuff, some things like meat and burger can take 20 unless you break it up real small.. i will start a thread on this when i get some time, promise  :thumbup:

Pinole. Yellow cornmeal slow roasted. Take with a pinch with water. I'm not clear as to whether this is just an as-is snack or if you can use it for cooking purposes.

P8030023.jpg

Pinole again. This batch is made with the addition of brown sugar and honey. Now it's got the taste and consistency of Granola.

P8030025.jpg

P8030026.jpg

This is my little Snow Peak cook pot kit. I keep an Esbit stove and a few fuel tablets inside.

P8030028.jpg

P8030029.jpg

Coleman hobo knife

P8030031.jpg

P8030032.jpg

~ I like your trail mix Muddy...  you've got peanuts (Great source of protein and fat for sustained energy, then you have pretzels.... Awsome complex carb for quick long acting energy. And you have dehdrated fruit (raisons) for a blood sugar friendly quick source of energy, and good ole M&M's for INSTANT energy and mood lifting gratification!  :thumbsup: (No wonder your bag was almost empty...)  :whistle:

~ I Like your Recipe for Ramen Noodles with chicken Razor Sharp! Ramen noodles are great sources of complex carbs and fat, but there's NO protein in them.... by adding your chicken you've created a Complete Meal that adds Lean Protein. Damn, a person could LIVE off that recipe for a long time. Plus... by crunching up the noodles and adding the seasoning mix beforehand you shrink the whole bulk of it down to nothing, AND get rid of a bunch of excess garbage in the process. I love that idea! Ramen noodle seasoning tastes GREAT! It's also got a lot of sodium in it which comes in real handy when you're out hiking and sweating a lot.

I am SO getting a food dehydrator!  :bounce:  :cheers:

~ I like your trail mix Muddy...  you've got peanuts (Great source of protein and fat for sustained energy, then you have pretzels.... Awsome complex carb for quick long acting energy. And you have dehdrated fruit (raisons) for a blood sugar friendly quick source of energy, and good ole M&M's for INSTANT energy and mood lifting gratification!  :thumbsup: (No wonder your bag was almost empty...)  :whistle:

Peanuts, M&M's, dried raisins, Graham Crackers and pretzel sticks. I make it in bulk. That bag took me over eight months to work through.

Yakisoba Japanese Noodles. Very tasty and prepared just like Ramen.

P8180118.jpg

Scho-ka-kola. It's a high caffine dark chocolate. Taste like a Toblerone. And it comes in metal tin for kits or charcloth.

P8180119.jpg

P8180120.jpg

So I decided to make some homemade sweet potato chips. Here is what happened next. In the kitchen. Sweet potatoes, veggie oil, white pepper, Rat-7.

P8190005.jpg

P8190006.jpg

P8190008.jpg

Round one. I decided to try baking the first batch.

P8190010.jpg

The first batch was too thick but still pretty tasty. My brother and I wolfed them down. Round two. I decided to try using olive oil.

P8190011.jpg

P8190013.jpg

P8190015.jpg

The house smells like sweet potatoes.

P8190017.jpg

Kim,

Slice the potatos thin. pour some olive oil on a bowl and drop the slices in to mix.

If you bake them, sprinkle some white pepper on before you put them in the oven. bake about 30 minutes at 350 deg. If you cook them in a skillet medium heat until they start to turn brown

One sweet potato is plenty. Enjoy

Survival poo.

1 jar peanut butter, 8oz honey, fistful o' raisons, 1 package of Carnation instant breakfast powder. Roll it into little poo shaped clumps and walk up to somebody with which you least like to camp. When they ask what you're eating say:  I dunno, I found on the ground over there.

i love peanut butter and honey sandwiches and peanut butter power bars, i never heard of the carnation breakfast powder trick though, awsome post muddy  :thumbsup:

i love peanut butter and honey sandwiches and peanut butter power bars, i never heard of the carnation breakfast powder trick though, awsome post muddy  :thumbsup:

I found it on Blade Forums and I can't find the original post to give the author credit. He had orginally posted whey powder. My grocery store didn't have it so I tried Slim Fast (yuck) My buddy suggested Carnation. The peanut butter makes a big difference in the taste. I use Skippy extra creamy.

Let it sit overnight in the fridge. 

my mother makes a penut butter xmass candy that looks just like it but i have no idea what she uses. its awfully sweet though for food. i like the carnation idea, im definatly going to try that. i could live off peanut butter and honey, especially with marshmellow cream, but that would be a mess that way  :P

Archer Farms assorted trail mix and small coffee packages from Target. Good Schtuff.

The Sweet Cajun is 150 calories per 1/4 cup (don't get it in your eyes while driving). The Monster is 170 calories per 1/4 cup.