WildSurvive Forum

I wanted to post some information about an insulation called Reflectix.  It's cheap, has numerous uses, easy to find, easy to work with and all you need is a scissors and  metal tape to make numerous items.  I have made a sleeping pad with it for under the sleeping bag, pot cozies, flat liners for the bottom of my winter boots and bottle insulators.

If you want to see how well this stuff works just make a tube out of it with an opening at each end and stick your hands in one on each end...it's awesome!!!!

Here is a video from a really good guy on the pot cozie making process.

I hope some of you can get some use out of this.

100_6591-b.jpg.70d7fb8632f4983e3d02d92707eef990.jpg

There was a company that was installing this stuff in people's homes around here not too long back, guaranteeing a big heating/cooling bill savings.  It's also used around water heaters quite a bit.

i helped my wifes stepdad put that stuff in his house a few years ago. its supposed to be really good. i think its just aluminized bubblewrap but alot tougher. it reminds me of those folding car windshield insulators. i use one of those in my hammock when the temp drops and it works preety good.