WildSurvive Forum

Do any of you carry this in your pack?

The reason I ask is because I do and I found out by applying it to a deer fly bite a few times it stopped the pain.  Either I'm crazy and just convinced myself it worked or it really did help.

It was a small 2.5oz. bottle of the Germ-X brand...I'm sure their all pretty much the same.

~ I carry it everywhere I go. I'm WAY more worried about hot spots around town, than anything out camping. (Like all those places that a couple of thousands hands touch in one day).  Like Money, credit cards, Door handles, elevator buttons, Gas Pump handles and buttons, grocery store carts. I'm not worried about bacteria that much, but viruses can be a major pain in the ass. So I protect myself. I've seen some bad shit at work. I use it so much at work, it's just second nature to use it outside of there.  :thumbup:  I don't ever want to catch another Norovirus as long as I live.  :thumbdown:

In a pinch, Vodka and glycerine work even better. Vodka is WAY more potent than any alcohol hand gel.

Guest smallgamehunter

i carry a bottle in my first responder pack and my urban SAR bag

~ I carry it everywhere I go. I'm WAY more worried about hot spots around town, than anything out camping. (Like all those places that a couple of thousands hands touch in one day).  Like Money, credit cards, Door handles, elevator buttons, Gas Pump handles and buttons, grocery store carts. I'm not worried about bacteria that much, but viruses can be a major pain in the ass. So I protect myself. I've seen some bad shit at work. I use it so much at work, it's just second nature to use it outside of there.  :thumbup:  I don't ever want to catch another Norovirus as long as I live.   :thumbdown:

In a pinch, Vodka and glycerine work even better. Vodka is WAY more potent than any alcohol hand gel.

do you drink it to kill the bugs or rub it on your hands  :hugegrin:

do you drink it to kill the bugs or rub it on your hands  :hugegrin:

~ you rub it on your hands! I had my ears pierced years ago, and one of them got infected. I put rubbing alcohol on it every day and night and it wouldn't get better. Then I went to Spring Fest with my friends, and all I had was vodka, so I used that. The next day the infection was gone.  :thumbup:  (but I drank some too, so it's anybody's guess.)  :unsure:

We keep it in the house, and in all the first aid kits and each backpack as a small bottle (Mostly for sanitizing before eating).  There is a big bottle on the end of the bar 3 feet from our front door that we use quite a bit.

I have a bottle on my desk at work.  I use it a dozen or more times a day.  Someone even thanked me for using it because I work on everyones computers throughout the building and it helps keep everyone else from getting sick.  I laughed and told them it wasn't to keep them safe, it was to keep me safe from everyone else's keyboards and mice.    Now 8 or 9 people keep it at their desks. LOL

I have used Dial Antibacterial liquid soap for a few years but not as much as I have lately. As a man on the go washing after bathroom visits just took too much time but not any more. For one thing I like the scents they add and actually less mess from a bar soap dish. Ive picked up clear liquid soaps in a small pump bottle at Lowes check out counter a time or two. Why they have them there I have no idea but as the bottle gets low I add water and it works even better.

Im not sure just how well it works but at least I smell good.  :blush: