WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Snow Walker

Cool Coyote Video

Although this is a cool video to watch PLEASE BEWARE.  I say this because a few years ago I had a Red fox pretty much do the same with less play, but instead followed me back to my vehicle.  Granted the coyote in this video could be used to people, but there is a good chance it could be sick with something or even have rabies.  Just because there seem to be no symptoms of sickness doesn't mean it isn't sick! 

An animal like this showing very little if no fear and especially during daylight should be a big RED FLAG.

Enjoy the video, but use common sence!  One little nip that breaks the skin could infect this guy very easily if it would have rabies or something else.

~ That's an interesting video Snow Walker. At one point, the animal almost appears to be playing with him, like dogs play with one another. He's definitely testing this guy (and trying to taste him.) LOL. I agree, The lack of fear IS bizarre, and a definite red flag.

I have no idea what that coyote was thinking but he clearly wasnt playing. I have a suspicion formed by an actual experience.

On our many trips to Canada we cross the border into Manitoba, go around Winnipeg and take rt6 up between lake Winnipegosis and lake Winnipeg. We turn off on rt60 that goes west over to rt10 to The Pas. There is very little if any homes on that road with just a Native American village called Easterville on the entire road. In the spring bears come to that road because people see them and stop and throw food scraps to them. The get pretty tame in fact they will come at you if you get out to take a picture like I did.        :scared: 

Im wondering if being so close to that small settlement if the coyote was being fed? Otherwise he was tasting that guys boot it looked like to me.

The guy was right he was a beautiful animal with some nice fur on him.

~ That's an interesting video Snow Walker. At one point, the animal almost appears to be playing with him, like dogs play with one another. He's definitely testing this guy (and trying to taste him.) LOL. I agree, The lack of fear IS bizarre, and a definite red flag.

Your so right Taken...if you watch him carefully at one point he is doing what's called a "play bow" like domestic dogs do.

I have no idea what that coyote was thinking but he clearly wasnt playing. I have a suspicion formed by an actual experience.

On our many trips to Canada we cross the border into Manitoba, go around Winnipeg and take rt6 up between lake Winnipegosis and lake Winnipeg. We turn off on rt60 that goes west over to rt10 to The Pas. There is very little if any homes on that road with just a Native American village called Easterville on the entire road. In the spring bears come to that road because people see them and stop and throw food scraps to them. The get pretty tame in fact they will come at you if you get out to take a picture like I did.        :scared: 

Im wondering if being so close to that small settlement if the coyote was being fed? Otherwise he was tasting that guys boot it looked like to me.

The guy was right he was a beautiful animal with some nice fur on him.

I agree with you Swede.  Just like bears any animal getting free food will usually keep coming back.