WildSurvive Forum
Adi

London Burns tonight for the third night in a row!

That is the excuse the police are saying but the fact is that was the trigger for pissed off youth to vent their frustrations on the state of the country. It is traditionally riot season here in the UK. It has been a long hot summer in the city and the economy is crap, everyone is feeling the effects of the lack of money and this will go one of two ways, it will spread or it will die out. I have a feeling it will spread to other cities. 

That is the excuse the police are saying but the fact is that was the trigger for pissed off youth to vent their frustrations on the state of the country. It is traditionally riot season here in the UK. It has been a long hot summer in the city and the economy is crap, everyone is feeling the effects of the lack of money and this will go one of two ways, it will spread or it will die out. I have a feeling it will spread to other cities. 

Sounds a lot like the LA riots after the Rodney King beating. High hopes it will die out quick.

~ Well that looks like some severe "venting of frustrations" going on there...   I bet Holly has her BOB all set and ready, and she's packing extra stuff for the old people at her workplace!  :thumbup:

Sounds a lot like the LA riots after the Rodney King beating. High hopes it will die out quick.

I need to be very careful what to say but I have some sympathy for the feelings of the disenchanted inner city youth.

Yeah That reminds me Holly welcome to England pull up a chair and watch it burn lol

We have a system known As COBRA which manages all events in the UK whether natural or not. It is a form of triage going from Government down to local emergency services and visa versa. It is hard to evacuate an entire city like London, riots are effecting many areas of London tonight. The emergency services are stretched past their limits tonight. London has drafted in Police from at least 4 other police forces from around the south of England.

This is a little different than are normal riots, There is a lot more looting and seems to be spreading to areas that have not already been looted yet. It is quite striking how many buildings that are burning tonight. Some of the news footage looks like film from the blitz.     

Riots happen here yearly, pretty much yes. We have had loads so far this year but most have been small, you might have heard about the student riots earlier in the year.

In British law a civil disturbance of more than 12 people is a riot, But many of our riots can have 100 thousand rioters. It depends what they are rioting about.  

Riots rarely happen when its cold and wet. Riot season around the world is during the hottest months of the year.

I take it they get the royal family and Parliament out of Dodge and to a safe location? 

LOL No! I say put them in there and let them sort it out!

LOL No! I say put them in there and let them sort it out!

Seriously? If Washington DC rioted they would have the President on a chopper at the first sign of trouble. 

~ OMG....   you're right.

Did you see that lads? I am framing that on my wall  ;):D :D :D

Seriously? If Washington DC rioted they would have the President on a chopper at the first sign of trouble. 

Yeah i know, a waste to tax $ if you ask me. Lock him in the safe room in the basement of the White house I say!

Riots reported in Bristol. I am in Chichester so not really affected at all.