WildSurvive Forum
Adi

London Burns tonight for the third night in a row!

I disagree, I have been in riots in Northern Ireland and used weapons against crowds and all it does is widens the divide between the public and the law enforcement.   

of course in a place rampet with terorists already it wont work. and ill still bet when the gunfire started the crowds dispersed, even if it divided the law and the lawless.

Yeah they will run off but only to another area and encourage others to join in and you get a back lash from the law abiding people of the country. We are seeing it in Africa and the middle east at the moment where governments are sending the army out on the streets to suppress the local population, It does not work.

The UK is respected world wide for our laws and how we handle things as a country we must set a standard for the rest. It will be raining tomorrow the streets will start calming down. 

Most riots, civil disorder and even some wars have been ended by a good shower of rain. No one likes getting wet.

anyone burning my livelihood to the ground, destroying everything i worked for my whole life, threatening my children with fire. yeah..there the enemy all right. Kent state was an accident. some young scared soldiers without guidance yoused excessive force on a crowd of unruly demonstrates.(not rioters)  those student wernt bent on destroying anything and the actions of the guardsman where uncalled for.  completely different than whats going on in England right now.

I for one don't want to see guns being used to suppress the population. I am very pro firearms but we don't need that. We have fire arms police and they are extremely well trained but they are there to combat gun crime and not suppress rioters. If police start using weapons in that way we would lose face around the world. As I said we have a lot of respect around the world even if we are lot liked much we are still respected. Guns, grenades and water cannon is not the answer. The US are still reluctant to using water cannon after the damage it did to the US back in the sixties when it was used in the race riots to suppress the black population. I know it has been used in recent years during riots but it was used with reluctance. We are very good at dealing with riots the problem is these are not traditional riots, they are very fluid, they are moving around very quickly. In fact I would say they are not in fact traditional riots but gangs of looters. There are very few pitched battles with people confronting the police lines.

My phone keeps tagging my posts with my location!

It could be just maybe the slight difference between how much money the queen and the royalty has as opposed to the rioters.  Thats whats happening all over the globe.  Thats what I think.  :hmm:

I walked into Chichester today to collect my car and was surprised to see cars covered in paint! In posh little Chichester that was a surprise but it seems idiots live everywhere.

You wont see much vigilante activity people are to scared to go against the mob.

That's why none of this spread to Glasgow.  The locals would cause more damage to the rioters than the rioters would cause to the town :).

I did not want to upset anyone by taking photos!

Good choice there Adi, could have risked too much.  Heard of too many photog's and tv cameramen getting assaulted.  Mind you knowing that the pics are ending up online in an attempt to have the looters and rioters caught, one would expect them to be upset at anyone with a camera.

As for why they were rioting.  Well seems like a peaceful demonstration was hijacked by idiots.  Sad to see it came down to a cultural and racial divide thing too.  However my lasting image of the whole thing will be the lady running out of the window of "Poundland" with Crisps and Soda.  It's taken something like this to show us both the good and the bad sides of the population.  The people who selflessly went out to protect their neighborhoods.  The father of one of the young men killed in Birmingham, that man amazes me..  And of course the bad side with the lootings and beatings.  And the idiots you could find on Twitter posting pics of them with their "loot".  Yep, if you are stupid enough to show your face then I'm sure they have a nice little cell fo you...

Yeah the strength of that father was something to behold.

To be honest there was not much of a racial element to these riots. They were all looting side by side. Things must be bad if you want to loot a Poundland.

I am kicking myself I should have gone out and picked up a iPad 2.... I am joking!