WildSurvive Forum

~ I wanna stake a claim right next to Rockhounder's claim so we can feud daily over territory...   re-drawing that line in the sand every night when we think the other one's not looking... teaching all our young'uns to grow up hating and distrusting each other's clans of kinfolk. He'll build a potato cannon, I'll build a water melon launcher. We'll be like something right out of the Butter Battle Book Dr. Suess wrote. Only way more dangerous and underhandedly deceptive.  :thumbsup:   :P :rofl: 

happy097.gif

20% that's $340 an oz I would hope to earn more than that! But I feel a holiday coming on... lol

No! I take the 20%, you keep the rest. Just call it "rent".

i like your gear muddy, you can tell you have experience in packing stuff. Ive always had a huge tradeoff between comfort and weight. i can litterally camp for a weekend  with less than 15 pounds on my back including food. and i can haul 55-65 pounds for miles without duress. but the one trade off i have (some might call it a vice) is my thermarest airmat. its never let me down. i cant imagine sleeping on the ground without it now that I'm the big 40. id give up good food, a tent, a hot chick camping partner...(well maby not that far) next to my coffee its my trade off to weight. cool topic snowalker! i like the fact there is no right or wrong...just different

all i used for packing for almost 15 years was an alice pack (medium) with frame. as long as you dont overload it they are a great pack. it was tough, i never had to worry about a buckle poping open or aplastic straplock breaking or a zipper ripping out. they are not the quickest most convienent opening pack but its a decent trade off for the security. love the alice canman :thumbup:

Got to have the pad. I did an October campout a few years back and tried the minimal approach. I woke up shuddering violently every single morning.

Horace Kephart has a passage in his book on roughing it. Basically it said that: experienced outdoorsmen don't rough it. They understand the need for a good shelter and and a solid nights sleep. So it's worth the effort to bring the extra blanket or your favorite coffee. Let the City slickers and wannabees try to rough it. They'll go home that much sooner.    

Like I said it's not much 002-4.jpg

001-4.jpg

Not much???  I'm looking for a good Alice pack!  Those things will last forever...I'm afraid to buy one on-line and we don't have any worth while surplus stores in my area so I'm kinda limited.  Nice K-Bar by the way.

Got to have the pad. I did an October campout a few years back and tried the minimal approach. I woke up shuddering violently every single morning.

Horace Kephart has a passage in his book on roughing it. Basically it said that: experienced outdoorsmen don't rough it. They understand the need for a good shelter and and a solid nights sleep. So it's worth the effort to bring the extra blanket or your favorite coffee. Let the City slickers and wannabees try to rough it. They'll go home that much sooner.   

I too would rather carry a few more pounds in regards to comfort.  I've been on a few trips where people would keep borrowing things, but they sure didn't want to pack it in or out!

i have a 2 great army surplus stores within 30 miles of me snowwalker. if you want one let me know. ill pull you a good us issue one in great condition. id have to see what there going for and i can usually swing a deal (cause ive bought so much crap there over the years  :P ill get back to you on a price if your serious. utherwise ill just check them out for ya.

true muddy! i do alot of winter camping and my thermorest means the difference  between sleeping warm and cozy or shivering all night. i am looking at the newer neoair by thermarest. not ment for winter but i layed on one at a local sporting outlet and OMG i would sleep on that thing at home!

i have a 2 great army surplus stores within 30 miles of me snowwalker. if you want one let me know. ill pull you a good us issue one in great condition. id have to see what there going for and i can usually swing a deal (cause ive bought so much crap there over the years  :P ill get back to you on a price if your serious. utherwise ill just check them out for ya.

I'm definately interested in one, but I'm not sure on what size.  Let me get back to you.

Thanks

I'm definately interested in one, but I'm not sure on what size.  Let me get back to you.

Thanks

well it looks like you have a great large pack (way beter than the lrg. alice) ill check them both out for ya and float you a price. if your still intersted at the time let me know.

~ I wanna stake a claim right next to Rockhounder's claim so we can feud daily over territory...   re-drawing that line in the sand every night when we think the other one's not looking... teaching all our young'uns to grow up hating and distrusting each other's clans of kinfolk. He'll build a potato cannon, I'll build a water melon launcher. We'll be like something right out of the Butter Battle Book Dr. Suess wrote. Only way more dangerous and underhandedly deceptive.  :thumbsup:   :P :rofl:  

Reminds me of the bugs bunny episode with the hatfield and mc coys!

Bugs Bunny Square Dance (HillBilly Hare) High Voiced

No! I take the 20%, you keep the rest. Just call it "rent".

Ok i am in on that deal when do I start?

Ok i am in on that deal when do I start?

as soon as my claim is approved by the BLM and then have it recorded at the county recorders office! I'll post up photos of the area this weekend.

I've got one, but haven't used it...  What all do you use yours for Muddy?  Carry things in it?

Yep. It has cargo pockets in the lower back where I can stuff a FAK and spare clothing and I use the front pockets for normal use stuff. It's a Columbia so it pretty light weight and won't draw much attention. It needs vents in the back like a fishing vest.