WildSurvive Forum
Swede

Future Man Lives Forever

A genetically engineered organism that lives 10 times longer than normal has been created by scientists in California. It is the greatest extension of longevity yet achieved by researchers investigating the scientific nature of aging.

If this work could ever be translated into humans, it would mean that we might one day see people living for 800 years. But is this ever going to be a realistic possibility?

There are also studies being done on frozen embryos or much more frozen humans. Scientists are working on a theory that eventually humans could be brought back from the dead years after they died to walk the earth again forever.

The question in my mind is would it be possible for the person to be able to survive in an alien world where massive changes had taken place? Would we even want to? The hope of eternal life may be possible some day but will germs and viruses be impossible to fight as evolution has made others immune as in The War of the Worlds by H.G.Wells?

Would you like your body to be frozen hoping to be awakened as many have already done?

Humans have a natural lifespan. Being able to live longer sounds cool but even if your body could last what happens to your mind?  

Im 67 and Im tired I hurt and lots of things aint working very well. I have no desire to wait for death in a nursing home. I worried about death a lot but I find as you get too old to do the things you used to enjoy maybe it aint all that bad.

Ive been there done that and took pictures. However with enough drugs and chemicals I can still practice making babies. Practice practice practice.  ::pbjt::

everyone wants to live forever...till they suffer the effects of time. i watched my mother take care of all four of our grandparents when they couldnt take care of themselves anymore. (wouldnt let them goto a home) i took care of my father till he passed and ill do the same for my mother when the time comes. but i dont ever want to burden anyone. oh and ill practice makin babies till i die swede  :thumbup:

Come spend one night with me in the dementia unit of the care home, and you will definitely start petitioning AGAINST this type of research.

When your body starts breaking down and your mind goes, what do you have to live for?  You can't remember that you even HAD kids, much less remember their names, your body hurts no matter what position you are sitting or laying in, you break bones just moving wrong, and you can't communicate with anyone because you've forgotten how speech works.  :nono:

When your quality of life is reduced to having to depend upon someone else to bathe, dress, toilet and feed you while you sit there lost in a strange dream-like and sometimes frightening world, do you really want to purposely prolong that life?  :unsure:

If you were guaranteed good health, a sound mind, and you were mobile and able to continue to work and to be a part of your family's lives and to travel and learn new things, it might be cool to live that long.  But the reality is that the human brain and the human body just wear out eventually.

Personally, I'm looking forward to spending eternity in a new body up in Heaven, where I've been promised there will be no more sorrow and no more tears.  :yes:  

Im 67 and Im tired I hurt and lots of things aint working very well. I have no desire to wait for death in a nursing home. I worried about death a lot but I find as you get too old to do the things you used to enjoy maybe it aint all that bad.

Ive been there done that and took pictures. However with enough drugs and chemicals I can still practice making babies. Practice practice practice.  ::pbjt::

I am 40 and have the same feeling although I don't need drugs to keep it up and can still keep going all night!

yea I don't want to live too long I want to live forever in heaven

~ Heaven always sounded boring to me....   some place where EVERYTHING is always going good for everybody. Nothing bad EVER happens.....  So where's the fun in that?  :dontgetit:

Y'all KNOW Me.....  when I get there, I'm gonna cause some serious Mahem because its just what I do when Everything is going great...  I always have to shake things up a  bit.  :rofl: 

I'll be BANNED in less than a week.  :whistle:

Two guys with harps are floating on a cloud in heaven. One looks at the other and says " Do you mean to tell me this goes on FOREVER?"  :scared:

The jest of the research is in time science and medicine will be able to fix physical problems by regrowing organs and tissue from DNA and genetically engineered organism.The question could be do we want to live many years especially if we were in good health?

Two guys with harps are floating on a cloud in heaven. One looks at the other and says " Do you mean to tell me this goes on FOREVER?"  :scared:

The jest of the research is in time science and medicine will be able to fix physical problems by regrowing organs and tissue from DNA and genetically engineered organism.The question could be do we want to live many years especially if we were in good health?

Not me. Then we will have to pay that more taxes, see more wars ("Only the dead have seen the end of war" Plato), and then there's world population issues.

Some things shouldn't be messed with in my opinion.

~ Just listen to you guys....   :nono:  four out of five of you plan on making babies FOREVER.....  so basically, in a nutshell (pun intended) The world ain't big enough for all your babies to grow up and make more babies.  :unsure:  THEN....  the world government will start putting restrictions on your sex drive (most likely castrating those unworthy of breeding... by their standards). Then... there ya go. You get to live an eternity without sex.  :smoke: 

NOW who's raising their hand?  cool14.gif

You mean you mean well all have to get married.  :scared:

~ Yup....  one man's enternity is another man's nightmare.  :smoke:  (If men lived longer, I can promise you'd see a lot of women voting in that Polygamy law.)  :P :rofl:

UH HUH Im not the one laying there making all the noise.  love072.gif    ::pbjt::

Hi all,

For what's it is worth.....  :notangel:  

It is important to live life by the minute, not by the day or year....... as you only own this instant....

you can learn from your past ....and plan for the future, but you may not get there....

....So live life as if it is to end soon, and make every effort to be pleasing and be gratefull for what you have now... you will not be able to take these things with you when you reach the far-side......

.......you are loosing time already reading this   :whistle:......... go and make someone happy........ just go ..........:rolleyes: