WildSurvive Forum
Muddy Pete

Super fun survival kit post

I carry a fanny pack as a kit. The small tan pouch is my go to.

P8240085.jpg

P8240084.jpg

P8240087.jpg

On the belt straps, I have a pouch for my multi-tool and a Maxpedition Keyper key ring holder.

P8240088.jpg

Kits inside the kits.

This is the little necklace kit that I keep with the pack.

Pill container with an Advil, an aspirin and a PB cotton ball. Wenger Esquire pen knife.

Ultimate Survival Technologies Sparkie. Which I’m going to swap for a less obtrusive tool.

Peanut lighter, Photon Micro light, Fox 40 Howler whistle, Silva compass

P8240075.jpg

P8240081.jpg

Watertight match case. Orange so it’s easy to find in the grass. A few hits of Gorilla tape around the outside.

P8240093.jpg

P8240094.jpg

Inside, I have strike anywhere matches dipped in Paraffin, a striker, a sewing needle and thread and a small fire starting tool. The tool is duct taped to the inside of the container incase the contents should spill. And some cotton wadding as tinder. 

P8240095.jpg

P8240098.jpg

Guts of the pack.

First aid contents AMK pocket medic, Chap stick, Visine, insect repellent, moleskin, Electrolyte powder, Tincture of Iodine as an antiseptic and water purification.

P8240099.jpg

Fire starting components. The orange match case, Bic lighter (white so you can gauge the fuel level. CSL fire starters come in a box of 10 and are sealed in plastic so they’re watertight. I cut one open and the powder will light with a spark. The fumes ARE toxic and care should taken to avoid getting the powder on your skin.

P8240100.jpg

Signal and Navigation. The whistle is on the necklace kit so I didn’t include one here.

P8240101.jpg

Misc items:

Brunton emergency cards: Fresnel lens and a little magnetic compass that you would float on a leaf .

Eyeglass repair kit, cash, sharpening stone, surveyors tape (not shown), parachute cord, Gorilla tape 3’, note pad, snacks, Krazy glue.

P8240102.jpg

Shelter 55 gallon trash bag.

P8240103.jpg

Fire pouch.

Watertight match case, Char cloth, Cotton balls coated in Vaseline, Jute twine 2”, Trick b-day candles, Bic lighter, Strike on box matches, striker, Fire Steel fire starting tool, Key chain pill bottle with cotton balls, Wet Fire tinder tabs

P8240104.jpg

Nite Ize pouch (contents)

Navigation/Navigation: Sun keychain compass/ thermometer, ACR whistle, AMK Rescue Flash signal mirror

Gear: Mag-Lite Mini Mag (black), Gerber multi-tool

Fire starting: Doan magnesium fire starting tool with a striker. The striker and a little plastic bag of cotton balls and Vaseline are cinched on with a piece of bicycle inner tube..   

Dr Scholl’s mole skin, Powdered pain killers

P8240105.jpg

A neat trick. The Mag-Lite’s bulb housing can be removed and used as base to make a candle.

P8240113.jpg

Mr. Equipment. If you dont have it Big Muddy its because they dont make it. Another info mation filled post Muddy thanx fine job.   :thumbsup:

Great stuff muddy! You're a gadget whore!!! (I am too, but I'm trying to quit!)

It's a addiction that there is no cure for.  :hugegrin:

These are a couple of items that I posted earlier and plan to put to use on my camp trip this week.

Not a new idea. Homemade signal mirror cut from a sheet of mirror replacement material from the automotive section. It's much thinner then standard signal mirror. 

P9080002.jpg

I left the backing on so that I could write survival notes.

P9080003.jpg

P9080004.jpg

Mini Altoids kit. Pure curiosity on my part to see what you can really do with one this small.

P9080005.jpg

P9080008.jpg

Contents. I picked up an ARS dog tag knife off EDCdepot.com. It's stainless steel. You lash a stick to it for a better grip. It comes with a 10mm button compass and a firestarting tool.

P9080018.jpg

Charcloth, Bayer aspirin wrapped in tin foil, fishing line, split shot, safety pins (double as fish hooks), band aids, Katadyn tablet, AMK tinder Quik tab, and a little piece of heavy grit sand paper.

P9080021.jpg

Another Altoids kit. This one is just for fire starting materials.

P9080025.jpg

Basic contents. Lighter, charcloth, cotton balls in paraffin, strike anywhere matches, trick candles, waxed jute twine, pocket knife.

P9080026.jpg

love it

here is some new stuff for my kit

003-2.jpg

a orange survival tent

small first aid kit

2 soda can stoves someone gave them to me

a soda can lanturn

some freeze dried food

and a filteration water bottle

love it

here is some new stuff for my kit

003-2.jpg

a orange survival tent

small first aid kit

2 soda can stoves someone gave them to me

a soda can lanturn

some freeze dried food

and a filteration water bottle

You Rock Kim!

I found this magazine pouch at Cabelas. I don't have a magazine that fits it, but I thought it might make a neat kit pouch.

Velcro closers

PA050058.jpg

PA050059.jpg

Room for a multi-tool and a small Altoids kit.

PA050061.jpg

I was drinking Red Bulls at work one day and after I finished bouncing off the walls (Red Bull tastes like liquid Altoids) I thought that perhaps I should get some work done. Instead I made a kit from the Red Bull bottle.

PA050024.jpg

I wrapped a foot of yellow duct tape around the outside.

PA050025.jpg

Basic kit, fire starting material, 24 guage wire and sling shot ammo.

PA050027.jpg

This is a little kit from an asprin bottle that I keep in the pocket on my old RAT-7.

PA050030.jpg

I wrapped a few feet of 25 Lb test fishing line around the outside and secured it with yellow duct tape. Inside, fire starting gear and a band aid.

PA050031.jpg