WildSurvive Forum
Muddy Pete

Super fun survival kit post

Muddy some great kits you got my friend I carry the same nite ize pouch and love it can hold a lot of gear mines getting worn out so its time to buy a new one and I plane to make a small survival kit for it. May I suggest you look at a smith's pocket sharpener its small light and puts a deasent edge on a blade when needed wont shave with it but dose the job very good

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Muddy some great kits you got my friend I carry the same nite ize pouch and love it can hold a lot of gear mines getting worn out so its time to buy a new one and I plane to make a small survival kit for it. May I suggest you look at a smith's pocket sharpener its small light and puts a deasent edge on a blade when needed wont shave with it but dose the job very good

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Thanks HB. I have a Smith's rod in my larger pack. It's my favorite sharpener.

A few new peices of kit came in the mail yesterday.

A five pack of mini fire starting tools from Survival.com for the pouch kits.

Some kit parts from bepreparedtosurvive.com Button compass, a pack of pink lady candles, a thin signal mirror, some little plastic tubes (for sewing needles) and an Aqua-Pouch which I'm hoping will resolve my water container issue. :P

PA090007.jpg

Muddy, BestGlide has that type of box. But that is a older version. I seen it somewhere for sale still but can't find where at the moment.

Kim inspired me to get my little day bag out. I wrapped pink tape on my Clipper to improve visibilty or if I need duct tape. There's a ranger band on the bottom with a button compass and a firestarting tool. Compass with a emergency whistle on the lanyard. I'm going to put a signal mirror in the compass pouch.

Firestarting gear. Trioxane tablet (being phased out), storm proof matches, homemade forestarter, Orange match case with some cotton balls, a small firestarting tool and a sewing needle. My other match case has sewing line wrapped around the outside under a few inches of duct tape. Not pictured ('cause I left it home  :mad:) my little tin with my steel and charcloth. 

Snacks

Pinole I added some honey and brown sugar and made a sorta granola.

Survival Poo. Peanut butter, honey, rasins, Carnation instant breakfast powder.

Aqua pouch, 30' of parachute cord plus 8 3' lengths of parachute cord pre cut for tarp tie downs. 55 gallon trash bag, space blanket, emergency poncho, duct tape, notebook/ pencil, fresnel lens, Surefire flashlight (not pictured)

First aid: Water purification, moleskin, triple antibiotic, assorted band aids, chap stick. The little white tube is an old asprin bottle that I keep blood clot powder.

Guest smallgamehunter

Sweet kit muddy

just a fyi  blood clot powder is not recommended anymore by ER drs due to the fact its hard to irrigate.

Sweet kit muddy

just a fyi  blood clot powder is not recommended anymore by ER drs due to the fact its hard to irrigate.

Thanks SGH. I did not know that about the blood clot powder.

~ Toss some super glue in your first aid kit, just in case you get a deep cut that lays open (or you cut yourself with that knife) It holds skin together like stitches, only way quicker and less painfully, with a much smaller scar. We use it in the E.R. (only it's got a medical name) but the E.R. charge nurse who's been there for years, says "it's the same damn thing as super glue" and that's what she uses on her grand kids.

~ Toss some super glue in your first aid kit, just in case you get a deep cut that lays open (or you cut yourself with that knife) It holds skin together like stitches, only way quicker and less painfully, with a much smaller scar. We use it in the E.R. (only it's got a medical name) but the E.R. charge nurse who's been there for years, says it's the same damn thing as super glue and that's what she uses on her grand kids.

I've heard the super glue suggestion before and wrote it off as something Bear or Dave would come up with. You as a medical professional give it merit.  :cool: