WildSurvive Forum
taken by the wind...

STORM NAME GAME

~ I think it's cool how they have the names of storms already picked out for the next several years....  As soon as a Tropical Depression is upgraded to a tropical Storm... it is given the next name on the list for 2011. If it's upgraded to a Hurricane, then all eyes are trained upon it. My friends and I love to look over the list (Prior to the "season") and try to guess which storms will be the big ones.  :thumbsup:

Here's the list for Storm Names in the Atlantic Ocean region for 2011:  The ones that have already come and gone have been crossed out.  :hugegrin:

Arlene

Bret

Cindy

Don

Emily

Franklin

Gert

Harvey

Irene

Jose

Katia

Lee

Maria  (Adi's pick for the first Category 3 or higher storm of the season in the Atlantic region.)

Nate

Ophelia Taken thinks she sounds like a real bitch.

Philippe

Rina

Sean

Tammy

Vince

Whitney

So WHICH Storm Name might make History this year?   :smoke:  (Shall we take bets?)

Harvey is currently Up at bat....

9912296large.jpg

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutnames.shtml

Well it is going to be an active year. NOAA are predicting 3 to 5 cat 3 or higher storms and i think they are right. I think the big storms will start at the end of August, September and through October and I think they will come in as a train.

It is one to watch, I am going to go out on a limb here and say Maria will be the first cat 3 or above storm.

Well it is going to be an active year. NOAA are predicting 3 to 5 cat 3 or higher storms and i think they are right. I think the big storms will start at the end of August, September and through October and I think they will come in as a train.

It is one to watch, I am going to go out on a limb here and say Maria will be the first cat 3 or above storm.

~ So Adi is liking "Maria"...     cool14.gif  (Do you have a reason behind it? or is it just a hunch?)  :unsure:

~ So Adi is liking "Maria"...    cool14.gif  (Do you have a reason behind it? or is it just a hunch?)  :unsure:

Just an educated Guess! lol

~ That red tropical wave behind Harvey has an 80% chance of turning into a tropical storm in the next 48 hours. That'll be Irene...  Do you think she'll make it to at least Hurricane status?  :unsure:

I would be surprised if it made cat 3 or above though. 

She is going to be influenced by land on her south western flank so i doubt she will grow much bigger in strength she might even start to down grade.   

This image should update automatically

085712W5_NL_sm.gif

For an explanation that shows the track from each new model run the white line is the average track of all the runs. that is how the cone of probable track is worked out.

too bad they don't have any chinese names.....like.....

phuk yoo

Lol Cheers Rocky 'Phuk yoo too' would be the second name on the list ;)

~ Thank God they don't let the Women who name their babies in our NICU around HERE.... name hurricanes.  :nono: 

We'd have  Hurricane La-Sha' (The dash is NOT silent) it's pronounced La-dasha... no kidding.  wacky115.gif

Or... Hurricane Abcde... (Pronounced Ab-si-dee)  I kid you not.

Or....  Hurricane  La- Highness Quantavious

Or Hurricane Sha-Quandra (dash is silent)

Or...  Hurricane Shithead (Pronounced Shith-eed)

:nono:

She is going to be influenced by land on her south western flank so i doubt she will grow much bigger in strength she might even start to down grade.   

This image should update automatically

085712W5_NL_sm.gif

~ It's amazing how much this "potential track area"  has shifted since it started....