WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Muddy Pete

Hurricane Irene The exodus, the silliness, the reverse exodus

Friday morning we took off and headed through Philadelphia ended up in Chambersburg, Pa.

Bug out gear.

P8250001_01.jpg

P8260005.jpg

P8260006.jpg

P8260012.jpg

The Travellodge.

P8260013.jpg

My brother and I stayed in the same room. We made a point of trying to crack each other up. Important to do in a stress situation.

P8270021.jpg

Realtor X vs. Dr. Vice Grip. Nha nahh nhaaaa. I will create a Hurricane! Then I will steal all the beer and replace it with Zima. Then nothing will be on TV but Hot in Cleveland! Nhahhha   

P8260014.jpg

Saturday night. Waiting for news. More toilet humor and childish pranks.

P8270031.jpg

P8270033.jpg

That's last picture Muddy is like my kids' DREAM dinner! Pizza, twinkies, kit kat, nutella and all of it washed down with a nice bubbly soda!

There was a park a few blocks away with a hiking trail, but at 4:00 on Sunday my boss texted me the all clear signal and we went back. No traffic and amost nothing to indicate a hurricane went by.

Driving into a hurricane zone is quite an experience, now traffic, no people, empty roads and streets. Quite ghostly and unnerving in some respects but empowering in another way. If that make sense?

P8280055.jpg

Notice the scratch on the bottom of the bridge and the black from the subsequent fire? Now that must have been some real excitement for that town.   :D

That's last picture Muddy is like my kids' DREAM dinner! Pizza, twinkies, kit kat, nutella and all of it washed down with a nice bubbly soda!

Yeah, but only adults get to eat like that  ::)