WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Swede

Missing Cat Ends Up In New York City

NEW YORK (AP) — A calico cat named Willow, who disappeared from a home near the Rocky Mountains five years ago, was found Wednesday on a Manhattan street and will soon be returned to a family in which two of the three kids and one of the two dogs may remember her.

How she got to New York, more than 1,600 miles away, and the kind of life she lived in the city are mysteries.

But thanks to a microchip implanted when she was a kitten, Willow will be reunited in Colorado with her owners, who had long ago given up hope.

"To be honest, there are tons of coyotes around here, and owls," said Jamie Squires, of Boulder. "She was just a little thing, five and a half pounds. We put out the `Lost Cat' posters and the Craigslist thing, but we actually thought she'd been eaten by coyotes."

Squires and her husband, Chris, were "shocked and astounded" when they got a call Wednesday from Animal Care & Control, which runs New York City's animal rescue and shelter system.

Willow had been found on East 20th Street by a man who took her to a shelter.

"My husband said, `Don't say anything to the kids yet. We have to make sure,'" Squires said. "But then we saw the picture, and it was Willow. It's been so long."

ACC Executive Director Julie Bank said a scanner found the microchip that led to the Squires family.

21b618cbed5c432d898b23a.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

...why can't my cats get lost? ???

~ LOL.... what if that guy tossed that cat out a long time ago because it was clawing up his leather recliner...  :woot: :rofl:  "Honey, I don't know WHERE the cat is... but you know we've got coyotes running all over the place."  He got that call and was probably like "Micro chipped?" WTF?    :blink:

"Micro chipped"?  Why not just use the regular tree chipper?

You could always kick um to death.

~ LOL.... what if that guy tossed that cat out a long time ago because it was clawing up his leather recliner...  :woot: :rofl:  "Honey, I don't know WHERE the cat is... but you know we've got coyotes running all over the place."  He got that call and was probably like "Micro chipped?" WTF?    :blink:

:rofl: lmao !