WildSurvive Forum
Muddy Pete

Twinkies

Back in the day, comic books would have Hostess snack food advertisements on the back page.

Spiderman would be fighting the Green Goblin who would of course have the upper hand 'cause evil is cool!

Spiderman would produce a handful of Twinkies/ cupcakes/ fruit pies and throw them at Green Goblin who would stop to eat them off the ground. While GG was losing his marbles over golden sponge cake and creamy filling, Spiderman would web him up and leave him for the police. 

I remember those ads, and I can only say that it's just wrong to lay out a spread of creme-filled goodness only to web a fellow to the wall--just out of reach of it all...

I remember when Twinkies & Hostess Cupcakes, were twice the size they are now.

The ones offered today should be called Twinkie bites & Cupcake bites.

I went to the Acme looking for Twinkies. Hostess Twinkies. Not Little Debbie, not Tasty Cake. I find one box of Twinkies. No Hostess cupcakes, No Hostess fruit pies. Tasty Kake was on sale. I for one am not surprised. You can't  give that stuff away. 

So I purchase my Twinkies and I go home. The first Twinkie I stuff in my big mouth tastes..odd. I sojourn to the kitchen. These are LEMON CREME Twinkies!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Who is responsible for creating this mutant offspring of America's favorite snack food? And what have they done with all the other Hostess snack foods?

I sense a conspiracy.

I guess I'm not an American after all.  I don't like Twinkies, or Circus Peanuts, or marshmallow "Peeps".  :puke:

You dont like peeps!....  sorry holly, but i cant be your friend anymore.    moose0024.gif

I agree pepsie eather nasty crap  dr peper mountain dew coke once in a while mr pib root beer rc cola. And incant sandbtwinkies dont see the big deal behind them. I donlike fryed oreos thats good stuff

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

You dont like peeps!....  sorry holly, but i cant be your friend anymore.    moose0024.gif

:rofl:

I have never been a big fan of Twinkies  (I was always a Susie Q fan instead).  But Peeps are my nemesis.  My sweet sweet little indulgence, they will be the death of me. 

i like putting them in the microwave. they swell up to the size of a softball and implode  :rofl: then i dip an oreo in the hot sugurary mess.  :yes:

i like putting them in the microwave. they swell up to the size of a softball and implode  :rofl: then i dip an oreo in the hot sugurary mess.  :yes:

A little girl goes to the barber shop with her father. She stands next to the barber's chair eating a snack cake, while her dad gets his hair cut. The barber says to her, "Sweetheart, you're gonna get hair on your Twinkie."

She says, "Yes, I know, and I'm gonna get boobs, too."

(...sorry, just trying to fill in for Swede while he is laid up.)

A little girl goes to the barber shop with her father. She stands next to the barber's chair eating a snack cake, while her dad gets his hair cut. The barber says to her, "Sweetheart, you're gonna get hair on your Twinkie."

OMG, OFG.  TMI!  :P

Aw, awwwwwwwwwwwwwww. That is so wrong.

I have eaten Oreo's very nice. Yes Zombieland that movie kicks ass....  Hey Holly do you drink dandelion and Burdock or is that something that kids drunk in the 60's ?

NZ what do you have for snacks their? Things like we have here in the states?

I have eaten Oreo's very nice. Yes Zombieland that movie kicks ass....  Hey Holly do you drink dandelion and Burdock or is that something that kids drunk in the 60's ?

I've never heard of dandelion and Burdock, but I've only been in England for about 14 months.  :grin:  I did discover "Lambrini".  It's a "perry", which is made from fermented pears.  It's SO cheap, but it's really fresh and sparkling and delicious and doesn't contain a lot of alcohol.  I don't drink much, but when I do, I like something slightly sweet and crisp and sparkly. 

I also like "Ribena" concentrate mixed with carbonated water.  It's a thick syrup made from British blackcurrants and loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C.  I'll drink that over a soft drink any day!  :thumbsup: 

I had to go into the big city yesterday for a deposition (fancy word for lawyers questioning you at nauseum) and I was just a few blocks away from the hostess outlet bakery, so I picked up two boxes of twinkies, two boxes of chocodiles (chocolate covered twinkies) and 2 loaves of wonder bread. I don't eat the wonderbread though, it makes a good bio-degradable wadding for my black powder cannon. At 99 cents a loaf i couldn't pass that up!