WildSurvive Forum
Muddy Pete

Walking Dead for dummies

Walking dead, living dead, zombies, flesh eating undead, New Jersey real estate agents. Call them whatever, they have invaded your town.

What would you do? where would you go? Discuss.

In the pilot, Rick rides a horse in Atlanta. Now, he's aware of the walkers. Does the fact that all of the traffic is heading AWAY from and not into Atlanta mean anything to him?

In the pilot, Rick rides a horse in Atlanta. Now, he's aware of the walkers. Does the fact that all of the traffic is heading AWAY from and not into Atlanta mean anything to him?

~ Atlanta's the LAST place I'd wanna be in a zombie invasion....  :unsure:

~ Atlanta's the LAST place I'd wanna be in a zombie invasion....  :unsure:

Does the CDC building in Atlanta really have a self destruct countdown? 

Does the CDC building in Atlanta really have a self destruct countdown? 

~ I don't know...  But at that high of a Bio-level security, I would hope that it had something similar.  :unsure: 

In the event of an airborn viral leak of an aggressive fatal virus, there needs to be a self destruct. Maybe that's why it's been built on the 33rd parallel North, just like Hiroshima, and Nagasaki Japan, and Baghdad Iraq.

How do the walkers sense people? Is it by sight, smell, movement?

In the first season, Rick and Glenn covered themselves in walker guts and walked right through a large crowd of walkers unnoticed.

In the second season, the RV hit a road black on the way to Ft. Benning. A large group of walkers came up the road and everyone hiding under the cars and the walkers walked right on by. How come the walkers didn't smell them? 

Also, how do you become a walker? Most the ones I see are fully clothed without any signs of being attacked or eaten. And if you were attacked by a bunch of walkers, wouldn't they just eat you down to the bone before you turned into one of them?

Also, there is a lot of bludgening and knifing to kill walkers, wouldn't SOMEONE get that sh*t in their eye or mouth???

~ I've never watched the show. So I'm really lost.

If you remember Lost tried to get rid of you.

Now I'm lost.

This is NOT a thread about "Lost", but about "Walking Dead".

Some people are confused SOOOO easily, like the picture I received yesterday along with an offer for a prostate exam since I was feeling sick.  ...I wasn't the one that mentioned they were feeling sick. 

(Let me know if you'd like me to forward you the picture, Rocky.)

Some people are confused SOOOO easily, like the picture I received yesterday along with an offer for a prostate exam since I was feeling sick.  ...I wasn't the one that mentioned they were feeling sick. 

I didn't understand the final episode of LOST. They were dead, they weren't dead. Alternate reality. Time travel. Smoke monsters.

I'm not confused... :hugegrin:  I couldn't log onto the website with my phone... I had to make y'all laugh somehow. I should at least get an A for effort.  moose0024.gif

Sheeze!

I sent the pic to Rockhounder first! because he complained that he didn't feel good. I thought it was funny, so I couldn't post anything because my phone wouldn't let me.  :nono: So I sent it to you, saying look what I sent to rockhounder because I know you knew he had been feeling sick, and I thought it was funny. You gotta keep up with my posting by texting a little better. LOL

~ So anyhow, if one wanted to watch this Walking Dead show, when would one need to tune in? And on which network?  cool14.gif

AMC Sundays at 10

Just watched the season opener of Walking Dead. 

Zombies appear to react to sound and then vision.  They were able to hide under the cars when the herd passed by and only those that made sounds were attacked and had to deal with the zombies.  Good thing the walkers are not very observant.

I can't believe the lady was having so much trouble putting her Glock together.  Barrel fits into the slide only one way. Recoil spring holds the barrel in place.  Slide goes on the rail.  Rack it back and forth to make sure it is on correctly, slap in a mag, rack it to put a round in the chamber, point and click.  I have actually practiced this with my eyes closed.

When they were looking for the little girl, they were going to "spread out and cover as much ground as possible", but when they were in the woods, they were all walking along in a single file line, following each other. 

When they got to the church, the sign out front said "Southern Baptist Church", but inside, in the front of the church, there was a large crucifix.  Big ole "OOOPS" there.  I don't think you will see a crucifix (a cross with Jesus on it) in any Baptist church, only crosses, as they focus more on Jesus being risen rather than him dying.

So far, an entertaining series.

Watched the "zombie in the well" episode over the weekend. That scene was just bad.

When they were first lowering the guy down, you could tell the tension on the rope was nothing.  When the well broke, the guy should have immediately fallen, but for some reason, he just fell slowly enough for a guy to catch the pump just in time (for dramatic effect).

Now, when they are trying to pull the "swimmer" out, they have the horse hooked up, again the tension of the rope is all wrong. In one scene, the horse is not even in line with the others and one guy loops the rope around his hand as he is pulling.

Kind of fun when they pulled the swimmer in two. 

When they got to the church, the sign out front said "Southern Baptist Church", but inside, in the front of the church, there was a large crucifix.  Big ole "OOOPS" there.  I don't think you will see a crucifix (a cross with Jesus on it) in any Baptist church, only crosses, as they focus more on Jesus being risen rather than him dying.

So far, an entertaining series.

I never would have caught that one! Interesting! Good observation OFG!

~ yeah... Those Southern Baptists don't go much in for the Christ on the Cross look in their decor. They DO love Crosses, don't get me wrong, but those women in their Sunday Best don't wanna be looking at dear Jesus hanging there in agony throughout the whole sermon. It just wouldn't be in good taste.  :nono: 

~ yeah... Those Southern Baptists don't go much in for the Christ on the Cross look in their decor. They DO love Crosses, don't get me wrong, but those women in their Sunday Best don't wanna be looking at dear Jesus hanging there in agony throughout the whole sermon. It just wouldn't be in good taste.  :nono: 

Yeah, us Catholics like crosses too. In most Catholic churches, looking around, you can easily find 40-50 crosses.