WildSurvive Forum
Muddy Pete

Walking Dead for dummies

I thought the new show was pretty good and I do love the plot twists.  Shane seems a bit twitchy and about ready to snap, but he has had a lot of crap.  What he did to Otis...yeah, that is coming back at him.  And Rick in the bar with the two new guys...no doubt about that one.

I was impressed how quick he was with te draw there. 

I'm wondering if that one girl with the "fever" was infected somehow by her mom.

...yeah, he is now feeling the need to protect the baby...which might not be his.

And I was thinking the same thing about the fever.  Are they going to find a bite?  New way of transmission?  Hmmmmm....

An observation.

The walkers tend to loiter en masse in places where there is no obvious food sources or people to attack. Case in point when Shane and Otis go to the school to get supplies, there is a huge group of walkers just standing around in the parking lot. Or in the first episode when Dales RV breaks down and the walkers happen to be traveling up the highway. Where where they going?

Original Romero Dawn of the Dead suggested that that the zombies all went to the mall because it was something "They remembered doing"   

What are they using for electricity in Hershel's farm? They can't run a genny because it will draw the walkers but all the lights are on in the farm house. 

In one of the first episodes at the farm, they were showing them gassing up the generator.

I missed it. Awfully quiet. Must be one of those TV generators.

I thought Rick was going to kill Shane...  Maybe be should.

And that other kid, the one that they saved, I feel damn sorry for him...

I haven't seen the new episode but I would have killed Shane after his irrational barn episode. The writers give his character that "tough decision" quandry to him being a "strong" leader, but he's irrational. He'd be fragged if he was a squad leader in combat. It's just like the movie PLATOON where there is loyalty issues between the Willem dafoe character and tom berenger as squad leaders and berenger takes dafoe out because he knows dafoe is the stronger leader when it comes to true loyalty and berenger knows he's just using coersion as a tool for compliance. Where dafoe uses respect. It's a classic struggle since the beginning of time.

Observation:  After they killed the first two walkers, they commented a couple of times about the lack of bite marks, yet they were infected. Said that they must have had scratches someplace.  Perhaps the infectious agent has mutated and may now be spread by other means?  Hmmmm....

I missed something about the charred corpses. I'm assumng they were walkers but if so who did it?

Also was that Otis that came out of the window?

Charred corpses were there to show that at one time, they were "safe" inside the fence and were getting rid of dead walkers.  Then, somehow the guards got infected without bites....

Charred corpses were there to show that at one time, they were "safe" inside the fence and were getting rid of dead walkers.  Then, somehow the guards got infected without bites....

OH! Like the blonde girl from the farm (the one who tried to off herself) who got sick by being too close to one of the walkers that came from the barn.

OH! Like the blonde girl from the farm (the one who tried to off herself) who got sick by being too close to one of the walkers that came from the barn.

dun dun DUNNNNNN.....exactly...the plot thickens.

I remember him pulling that out.  They passed them out and used them.  I think some are still showing up now and then.

Carl found one of these in the dead guys truck in the begining of season 2. I thought it was a prop.

http://www.gerbergear.com/Apocalypse/Gear/Apocalypse-Kit_30-000601

~ So, in this show, when the dead walk the Earth, people aren't reaching for their Altoids Survival kits I gather?  :whistle:

Now we know what Muddy Pete's next new motivational gear toy will be.  cool14.gif

So KNOW we finally know what the doc from the CDC whispered to Rick!  A favorite character of the comic series has sort of been introduced, plus they may have found a new place to fort up!  And Rick has had it up to HERE with all the whining! 

Now, just when in the world will they think of the old plastic pop bottle suppressor?