WildSurvive Forum
Muddy Pete

Walking Dead for dummies

The season finale was awesome.  Non stop action, gunfire, a few things figured out and a lot things that could happen next season. 

Where did you watch it at OFG?  Right now I have to go over to a friends place to watch it.

I was really impressed with Carl, kids a bad ass!  Also, whats up with the silencer on his gun?  Looks like a rolled peice of paper.

It looks like both suppressors used were improvised.  The one on Rick's gun was a Maglite, the one on Carl's was sort of shaped like some of the aluminum bottles beer is coming in nowadays.

Improvised suppressors for sure. I kind of like it. It adds some realism to the show. If they were running around with brand new ones, I'd be saying "ok, where did they get those.

Why didn't they just lure all of the zombies over to the fence and kill them there?

And why was their only doctor on a raid with them?  doh.gif

Other than that, awesome!

Apparently, since last weeks premiere of "The Walking Dead" was the highest rated cable drama show in history, Dish decided to get their head out of their butt and work out a deal. AMC is back on DISH, so I get to watch 'The Walking Dead"!!!!!

A good point was brought up on another forum. Last night, Rick dispatched some poor chump by burying a Gerber machete in his head. I can't get this thing to chop wood. I see a project for this weekend.

P6300011.JPG.0da6543bbc1dd3efb2e21e4838448fbd.JPG

I wondered when they'd finally get that taken care of, Dish must have been getting all kinds of grief from their customer base.

I made it a point to contribute to their grief.

A good point was brought up on another forum. Last night, Rick dispatched some poor chump by burying a Gerber machete in his head. I can't get this thing to chop wood. I see a project for this weekend.

It also looks like walker skulls are much more mushy than living people's skulls.

It also looks like walker skulls are much more mushy than living people's skulls.

I've noticed that, it's odd how those walker skulls get softer.  Actually, Lynn Thompson from Cold Steel and some other guys with an online YouTube zombie blog (Zombie Go Boom) tested various knives, hawks and machetes and things on cow and pig skulls a while back just to see how effective they would be on zeds.  Remember the Walking Dead scene when Shane was trapped on the school bus and stabbed several walkers through the head with a folder?  They tested that and needless to say they were less than successful.  Even Lynn couldn't really sink a folder into a skull.  They did a lot better with some of the other stuff:

I guess I am a bit confused as to progression of this infection.

They are all infected, however, since they are still alive, they are fine.

When they die, they turn zombie.

But why if they are bit or scratched do they turn zombie right away?  How does the bite or scratch, even if not lethal, cause them to die and turn?

I found that a bit odd also. We can assume that when the host turns zombie the virus mutates and becomes deadly.  Has anyone read the graphic novels of the series?

I've always loved zombie movies. I wasn't very impressed with Romero's last couple though.

I guess I am a bit confused as to progression of this infection.

They are all infected, however, since they are still alive, they are fine.

When they die, they turn zombie.

But why if they are bit or scratched do they turn zombie right away?  How does the bite or scratch, even if not lethal, cause them to die and turn?

The wife and I had discussed this too and wondered if there might be two versions of the virus, one that's active and the other dormant.  With the death of the host the dormant virus would become active?  So the bite of a dead host with the active virus is deadly to the live host with the dormant virus?  Don't know.  Like Insane said, maybe if someone has read it in the graphic novels there's a better explanation.

Yeah, in the show they seem to think human skulls are made of balsa wood and styrofoam.  I always figured that even if you manage to get a machete deep into a zombie brain that it might be tough to get the thing back out.