WildSurvive Forum

~ I know he looks like a good sized lizard, but he's really just a baby. I have small hands and he's just a little thing even in my hands. He's like a little preemie lizard.  :love:

odininhand.jpg

odintoscale.jpg

I'm guessing he's a bit over two inches (Not including his tail).

~ little Odin hasn't been eating as many crickets lately. He's sort of just been sitting up in his plastic plant a lot without moving. When I pick him up and look at him, he seems ok. He can walk, and he still ate two crickets this morning. But something's off about him. He doesn't run around like he was doing when I first got him. Plus his colors are more dull.  :'(

I'm hoping he's just getting ready to shed or something.

~ little Odin hasn't been eating as many crickets lately. He's sort of just been sitting up in his plastic plant a lot without moving. When I pick him up and look at him, he seems ok. He can walk, and he still ate two crickets this morning. But something's off about him. He doesn't run around like he was doing when I first got him. Plus his colors are more dull.  :'(

I'm hoping he's just getting ready to shed or something.

He is confined to what, a 1x2 foot glass box? Maybe he is eating too much and can't move around to burn off those cricket calories? Don't reptiles, being cold blooded, have a slower metabolism and digestive system as well?

He is confined to what, a 1x2 foot glass box? Maybe he is eating too much and can't move around to burn off those cricket calories? Don't reptiles, being cold blooded, have a slower metabolism and digestive system as well?

~ I don't think reptiles eat more than they can burn off. He's in a one foot by thirty inch long Aquarium. It's not a typical twenty gallon high tank, it's a twenty gallon LONG, tank. He's got plenty of room. He looks lost in that tank. When he gets bigger, I'll upgrade him to a bigger tank. I was kind of worried about the tank being too big. When he wanders away from that heat lamp at night to sleep, I thought he might be cooling down too much.

~ I figured I'd give you an update on little Odin. He's doing well. He's up to about six crickets per feeding, and it's a challenge keeping crickets around. Crickets are harder to take care of than ANY pet I've ever owned. I almost feel guilty feeding them to the lizards after I've had to take such good care of them. (sometimes if they've eluded being caught to the point that they are grown, I just turn them loose... so they can pass those smart cricket genes on to another generation.)  :rofl:  of course then I might make a generation of Super Crickets who NEVER get caught.  8|

~ One thing's for sure....  those daytime lizards (The ones who bask in that desert sun... or beneath a heat lamp) can really run fast! The other two lizards I have are nocturnal, and they just hunt their crickets down using stealth and ambush techniques. Odin can run his down. That little guy is FAST.

~ Odin is getting bigger! He now eats right out of my hand. I never tried to hold him or tame him, he just learned by observation where the food comes from... ME.  :) 

So he's grown to look upon me fondly. He'll eat dandelion greens right out of my hand as well as rasberries and anything else I offer him. He's got tons of personality and is my favorite lizard pet out of three. Leoapard Gecko, and crested Gecko. Awsome reptile pet.  :thumbup:

I'll have to get some more up to date pics on here.

1337688151-1.jpg

~ Being a mother of dragons isn't easy.  :P  This little guy can put away some food every day. He eats fresh picked dandelion greens, some frozen mixed vegetables, and some Dragon bits (it's a moist food that has meat in it and vitamins).

1337688148.jpg

This is the calcium sprikled on top once the dragon bites are added.  :thumbup: These guys are omnivores so they have to have a variety of foods. Live crickets make up the bulk of the diet for little dragons.

1337688146.jpg

He's pretty much doubled in size since I got him. He wasn't very hungry today, (I think he's getting ready to shed his skin again) and he kind of gets ornary during that molt. He comes running up to his food dish like a hungry dog when I put it in there. He can catch about seven crickets in a few minutes. He's way faster than my leopard gecko. Really cool pet. He's almost the size of an adult leopard gecko now.  :cool:

1337688151.jpg

This is some really tasty food. He loves it. Plus it's moist so it gives him moisture in his diet. You have to refrigerate it once it's opened.

How does it taste?  Looks like it would be good in a sandwich.

1337688147.jpg

He eats out of my hand all the time, but he's actually terrified of the Phone I'm holding. He's not used to that. He's very aware of his surroundings and he knows when I'm doing something different.

How does it taste?  Looks like it would be good in a sandwich.

~ I haven't tasted it, but I have smelled it. It's not meaty smelling, but it's kind of fruity smelling. It's a complete diet, so it has fruit and meat in it as well as water. It smells sort of like bananas to me.  :hugegrin:

~ I haven't tasted it, but I have smelled it. It's not meaty smelling, but it's kind of fruity smelling. It's a complete diet, so it has fruit and meat in it as well as water. It smells sort of like bananas to me.  :hugegrin:

Well, taste it and get back to us.  It might make a great addition to a bug out bag.

~ it has to be refrigerated! And I'm not really wanting to taste it.  :nono:

Oh, c'mon...do it for us.  Pleeeeeeease?