WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hillbillytowing

hillbillys fishing adventures

well my mom went and paied for my fishing licens this year it was a late christmas gift she wants to start odoing fmaily fishing trips i have a shakespear ugly stick and have to put together a tackle box aint ben fishing in a while went in october to a little pond  where they gave you the pole and all. befor that was 4 years agoa and i barrowed gear from a buddy and while out dislocated my shoulder and relocated it my self.... good times . so i plan to share our adventures here i hope every one enjoys the adventures and please feal free to post advice anny thing and every thing. oh and i know that eeryone is going to be asking me what ill be fishing for specificly bass trout etc well for the record ill be fishing for fish i dont care what grabs my hook as long as im out fishing

thank you muddy im looking forward to getting back into fishing since i have to build a tackle box i was just looking at the gerber flick fish its a gerber flick but the desighn is bassed on fishing tools  here is a ling to a review

http://www.woodsmonkey.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=347:gerber-flik-fish-review&catid=68:multi-tools&Itemid=81

any one have experince with one

Never used one myself.  I had a Gerber multi-tool before, and it was allright.  It was no Leatherman though.  My opinion is that Leatherman kicks the pants off of most of their competition.  My Leatherman Wave always is riding on my belt, and it is VERY useful. 

Think about using the tool for more than one thing.  This one is fishing specific, a Leatherman Wave, or Supertool or Surge, will do anything you want it too, and really hold up to a beating. 

My .02

HTH

no the surge is one of if not the largest modle they offer wit hthe most tools i used my almost every single day when i was towing i lost the screw driver bit its rversable desighned to they could have fit more tools in it so i have to order the new but but have not done it yet. other than the lost bits it has never let me down once  and i cant hold the tool agenst the lost bit because i dropped it on the side of the free way while removing a licens plat off a vehicle for the police

I agree with Watcher that every Leatherman I've owned beat out every Gerber I've had.  Another sort of item to consider for your tackle box is a long set of surgical clamps if you can find a set.  When it's time to get a hook out the fact that a set of clamps will lock onto the hook comes in real handy, plus the clamps are more slender for reaching inside a fish's mouth.

Here's one from Bass Pro Shops:

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-51/2-Forceps/product/10205356/54907

I need to do more fishing this year myself, it sure beats work!

I'm not a fisherman by any stretch, but those would be helpful, K-Bob.  I found those at a military surplus store for $2 each.