WildSurvive Forum
Swede

Trail Cam Bobcat

Pretty much unheard of in most of Illinois rarely if ever seen any where north. Reports on occasion of some one seeing one but they are slowly making a come back. My wife and I have both seen a cougar probably the same one but he just travels through and has never been seen in the winter months. They too seem to be showing up more often.

i tracked a bobcat around indian bluffs state park near where i live but never saw him. only one ive even seen tracks of in our area. i was actually looking for couger tracks when i found them because there was a couger sighting in the same park. never saw any couger sign though.  :glare:

~ I saw one in the woods here, when I was in 7th grade. We had a lot of woods near our house back then, and they had meandering trails all through them. We have loads of deer and other wildlife all around us still, even though there are only patches of woods here and there we have a lot of hidden ponds and lakes, and creeks in dense woods in between everthing. Anyhow, I was walking on this trail, going home, and something made me just turn around, and there was a Big bobcat! It just stood there about fifteen ft. behind me, staring at me. (To me... back then, it looked HUGE!)  :grin: It didn't run away, or anything.  :nono: I felt like it had been stalking me. (I know you guys think that's nuts) but when I stopped and turned around, It just non-chalantly jumped off the trail into the thicket and disappeared.  :blink:  I've never seen once since.