WildSurvive Forum
Swede

What this

We only have a good guess our selves but we hadnt thought about musket ball mold . My first thought would be what caliber it would make. Too small and not deep enough for musket balls Im thinking. Remember were a farming community and it was in a box of stuff from a farm sale.

We only have a good guess our selves but we hadnt thought about musket ball mold . My first thought would be what caliber it would make. Too small and not deep enough for musket balls Im thinking. Remember were a farming community and it was in a box of stuff from a farm sale.

maby small caliber shot for a shotgun. just a guess. it does look like a mold for molten metal though. thats all i got.

A lot of machinery years ago was driven by flat belts. See the inward facing pins (red arrows) You cut your flat belt square and put both ends together in the center of the tool and close the top. The pins help hold the belt in place and metal clips are driven into the belt lined up with the slots and the indention's in the base help clinch the clips together on the back side of the belt.Before metal clips leather strips were woven in much the same manner.

pins.thumb.JPG.2f76d6ec48867e5d69007d1db3acc413.JPG

What in the heck is this???

I found these in a drawer in the barn…..and I have no idea what they are. I just wanted to see if anyone out there had a clue!

IMG_8647.jpg

IMG_8641.jpg

IMG_8639.jpg

IMG_8638.jpg

IMG_8637.jpg

AND.....one more of the cat.....just cause he likes his picture taken....

IMG_8643.jpg

The orange and white furry thing appears to be a cat.

How heavy are the handle looking things?

Is that a button on the bottom?  Does the top piece come out or move?  Is that a set screw on the back of it

I wonder if they are some kind of a handle for a fishing pole or a counter weight of some type?

Looks like a rod of some kind would go through the middle and hook on the top piece.

Cat is correct!

No, it does not extend, and yep, that's a set screw to remove the tip, but not to extend up or down, just to hold it in place. And the handle is cast aluminum, very light respectively. The pin on the bottom is not a button, it is fixed in place.

I was thinking something fishing too, but it just doesn't compute.

Aluminum for them to be light. I have no idea why there would be stainless buttons on the bottom that dont do any thing. Look in your hole and see if the buttons go through and do something. The funny bent end with little hooks look as though they extend out like a string is fastened on to them. Other wise the hole through the handle lines up with the funny loops so some thing goes through the hole and the loops. The whole apparatus reminds me of a rope climber but it looks pretty light for that especially if there is no way to lock it to the rope. Id say lets eliminate the use of the pins on the bottom by checking  to see if the pins go through.