razor sharp

Razors world (pictures and stuff)

heres a picture of razor, little razor and taken by the wind.  :hugegrin:

snowman001.jpg

the official Wild survive snowman

snowman004.jpg

snowman007.jpg

looks like you had fun

got a fire kit that a friend of mine and watchers makes sets of.  its not small, or compact. its not uber cool tiny or super tecknowlogy geeky but as soon as i saw they were breeding cows with camoflage tattoos i had to get it  :hugegrin:

firekit002.jpg

im going to make a nice little knife with a striker spot on the back of the blade so it can be used as a back up knife if need be. it really throws some good sparks though. and it has a space built in for cottonballs, juit twine or a small waterproof container (if i can find one that fits)

firekit003.jpg

firekit005.jpg

Cool kit, Razor. Where can I get one??

a friend makes them. its the only one he had in camo though. the rest are just brown or black leather. he has about 8 kits left.

ok. i idnt like the striker that came with it (he made it out of a steak knife) it worked great for a striker. threw good sparks but i wanted something with a little more multi purpose to it.  i made this in the garage today. it originally had an inch and a half blade but i got in a hurry during the heat treat process and put a crack in it. i snaped it off at the crack and reground it to the current shape. reheat treated it and this time i did it in a nice hot oilbath. (buy the way, first person to guess what i made it out of gets a prize  :hugegrin:

fireknife002.jpg

here you can see the slightly rounded notch i put in the back for striking. i didnt make it deep so it works great on all sizes of ferite rods. and it does throw a great shower of sparks. i like the notch because it saves the blade of a knife for other duties.

fireknife005.jpg

fireknife006.jpg

this little scalpal of a blade is super sharp. it would work great to get some fuzz sticks, shave bark or dress out wild game.  it aint pretty. i didnt work out all the scratches and marks. i made it quick and dirty. i even wrapped the handle with some trot line (strong and rot proof)  im liking this little blade.  :thumbsup:

fireknife004.jpg

aw dammit... whats your addy an_fear.  i was hoping someone a little closer posted but my word is gold. expect something in the mail. might not be much but im sure you can use it.  :thumbup:

took our scouts on a campout last weekend. a full 2 days in some uncharted woods.  its 300 acres of private property. it boarders a river and has 2 creeks running threw it. its truly untouched for the area we live in. the owner has had it in the family for almost 100 years. its a great place. we had access litterally from the back yard of the owner so we only had to pack in about 100 yards to camp.  here are the pics from the weekend that i took. there are still pics from two other leaders i haven't gotten yet but when i do ill post them.

this is us setting up. still some snow on the ground but not a bad day. temps were in the 30s and dipped into the mid 20s Friday night. we made sure the scouts were properly dressed and comfortable. (we've BTDT enough to know  :P

015umy.jpg

this was breakfast Saturday morning. omelets in a bag. eggs, bacon, green peppers and onions. (and the bacon is precooked by the way)you put the cheese on after they cook.  all you do is bring a big pot of water to boil, then drop the bags in for about 10-12 minutes. you can eat them out of the bag or put them in a tortilla shell or bowl. add the cheese after you cook them. salsa topping and were good to go.  :thumbup:

033qmy.jpg

035kt.jpg

broke out my frame pack for this weekend. needed the space for the winter gear. i always carry a foam pad for kneeling or sitting to keep my knees and ass dry and warm depending on what I'm doing.

016gk.jpg

019xtz.jpg

after breakfast they did a bunch of pionering (tying wood together for usfull things) like making a gate for the trail leading in, an axe yard and a teepee for outr parachute. it wasnt big enough to get everyone in over the fire so we just set it up like a fire reflector cave thing. (in this pic we had moved the poles together out of the way)

it worked great. no smoke ansd everyone stayed warm in it (well..warm enough lol)

066lh.jpg

060kw.jpg

after the pioneering (ill get pics from the other leader of the other pioneering projects they did when i get them from the other leader)  we went for a hike and to explore the area.

first thing we ran into was one of the creeks. i was contemplating how many i could knock into the creek with my stick in this picture.

043ych.jpg

we went to the big beaver damn and yes, i did walk out on the fallen tree..it was really scary but i did it...because that's what boy scouts do.  :P

047ywf.jpg

044pi.jpg

headed back to camp to start supper.  they had two seperate patroles so they cooked two diffewrent meals in dutch ovens. one had chili and the other sheperds pie.  we ate good...yeah...we ate good.  after words i brought out a suprise for them. i bought apples and showed them how to make campfire apple pies. we cored the apples like a pumkin and put brown sugar, cinnamin and mini marshmellows in the apple, wrapped them with tinfoil and cooked them for about 30 minuts.

059hm.jpg

021dfw.jpg

finnally they decided it was time for a break. it was a beuitiful day, it hit 40 deg. i think.

058whh.jpg

~  :woot: :rofl:  I LOVE this pic!  Tired boys are well behaved boys!  :grin:  Kudos to you razor sharp for running them boys down till they looked like that!  :rofl: