WildSurvive Forum
razor sharp

Razors world (pictures and stuff)

razor has a new toy  :hugegrin: still need the highhat stand and the cymbals.  now the dog house just got really noisy  :punk:

John Bonham lives!

just adding some pictures ive posted over the last year or so. no specific events, just posting for fun  :hugegrin:

the first set is a rat snake that liked our camp so much he came back after being dropped of 2 times aways away from camp.  (trivia, the rat snake is the longest snake you will find in iowa)

002.thumb.JPG.3135cd211d19338227e6437799131b52.JPG

001.JPG.f98f75f2d1e132abdf6b25bfb185fc1b.JPG

005.JPG.eb2c10ac6c100451ee38f64d9cfbc4e5.JPG

5this was  -30 degrees with a windchill of the -45. the coldest id ever slept outside. there was a serious blizzard going on. my bro from Texas was visiting and i told him i was "gear testing"  he thought i was nuts  wacky115.gif  i was so warm i had to remove my long johns. i had a 3 season bag inside my winter bag with a gortex military bivy cover. a thermarest pad. i woke up with ice all over the top of the sleeping bag but i was snug as a bug in a rug.  damn i love gear testing.

Vic-katie08_093.thumb.jpg.de3ec7520313999a34c6f9a1605c637e.jpg

i just love this picture. i took this with my cell phone on a moving 4 wheeler the first time we went to ws basecamp at swedes. it always looks to me like i captured the feeling of that weekend and cant wait to do it again.

2011-09-30_18_22_45.jpg.274f986ca958da96ea4ffa62c4f9bf74.jpg

smallest working bow drill kit i made a few years back. the bow was 12 inches.  and below that is a joke i always pulled when i did bow drill demos. i would  ask "has anyone ever seen a native American cigarette lighter before. then i would pull this out of a medicine bag. always got a laugh.

bow_drill_kits_004.JPG.67464ac175b71698566a0a63dc9e85b5.JPG

bow_drill_kits_005.JPG.777f7189b27bcd9f36299767e882ba41.JPG

Awesome pics, razor.  Well...except for the snake pics...*Holly shivers with dread*  :P

~ Holly, Mr. Wind came running into the house the other day saying "Quick! Bring me Ty's Pellet gun!" and I'm like "Why?"  and he starts hollering "There's a damn snake out here!" I'm thinking it must be a rattle snake, and there's no way he's killing a rattle snake with a pellet gun! so I walk out there, and sure enough there's a snake slithering through the grass. I told him it didn't look venomous, and to just let it go! He's like "Let it go?"  :scared: I said "yeah, it's not going to hurt anybody, it's running away from you."  So he chased it around for five minutes until he herded it to the back fence and into the neighbor's yard with a long stick. I wish I had a video camera! I never knew he was so freaked out about snakes.  :rofl:  (I know now though...)  :devil:

~ Holly, Mr. Wind came running into the house the other day saying "Quick! Bring me Ty's Pellet gun!" and I'm like "Why?"  and he starts hollering "There's a damn snake out here!" I'm thinking it must be a rattle snake, and there's no way he's killing a rattle snake with a pellet gun! so I walk out there, and sure enough there's a snake slithering through the grass. I told him it didn't look venomous, and to just let it go! He's like "Let it go?"  :scared: I said "yeah, it's not going to hurt anybody, it's running away from you."  So he chased it around for five minutes until he herded it to the back fence and into the neighbor's yard with a long stick. I wish I had a video camera! I never knew he was so freaked out about snakes.  :rofl:  (I know now though...)  :devil:

:rofl:  Where is the video camera when you need it?  :woot:

That is EXACTLY why I will never not have my little ZX5 Kodak on me ever again.  I carry it always now so I don't miss the stuff I can horrify the boys with later in life.  (This was my oldest when (Fill in the blank) embarrassing thing happened to him, etc, etc)  happy061.gif 

this one is a fishing trip we took the scouts on. the boy in the picture caught this huge turtle. my boy was using a cellphone to take the picture and my arm was getting really tired holding that dang thing up.

turtle.jpg.65592be84794524ed2f492f21639fba4.jpg

razor, if we rub your head and ask a question, will the answer pop up like on a Magic 8 Ball?  :rofl: