WildSurvive Forum
razor sharp

Razors world (pictures and stuff)

~ Dang razor! That looks like Fun! After the day I had, I'd LOVE to beat on something with some sticks!  :thumbsup:

You sound pretty darn good for the first time you've ever played some drums...  :cheers:

thanks, it does feel good, its more fun than punching my heavy bag for stress relief.  i just cant wait to learn a song  :P

Won't be long and you'll be a one man band,  All you need now is the harmonica! 

Looks like a lot of fun.  Great Thumpin bro.

Doc

Tempo, Razor, TEMPO!!! 

LOL  ..looks like you are having fun.

yeah, i was actually trying to speed up after every 4rth measure. I wanted to see how fast i could go.  I know i need alot of work  :blush:  i did download a metranome app On my phone. That will help im sure.

this is a star trail picture a friend of mine took back at the treehouse cabin campout.  the lights in the front are actually headlamps from some of the scouts.  i thought it looked pretty cool.

star_trail_427x640.jpg.578c6715e961330df5a1f819563c7bbd.jpg

this is a star trail picture a friend of mine took back at the treehouse cabin campout.  the lights in the front are actually headlamps from some of the scouts.  i thought it looked pretty cool.

Cool. How long of an exposure?

~ That's amazing! It looks like a huge spiral.  8| 

yesterday afternoon when i got off work i hurriedly packed a small pack and headed to a local park. it has a couple pack in campsights. in the last 10+ years Ive never seen another camper at the pack in sights so even though it was a holiday weekend i got the sight all to myself again.  only had two equestrians stop by and visit for a few minutes.  i set up my new hammock and gathered everything i would need for a bow drill fire. (except the string, i can make it but it would take me an hour to do so.) i gathered a few wild edibles and threw them in the pot with my roman noodles.  i took a folding fishing rig and a small kit to try my luck at the river (about 100 yards away) i think it was just to hot for them so i didn't catch any. oh well, that's why i brought a couple power bars  :P

005.JPG.b3a604b61f0c20bfb9879a7dc4d9ef3f.JPG

015.JPG.ae4a2ae46e5b74f5031a3c532db51e6f.JPG

016.JPG.6a916753d8d82f7bc09b6d8f7996c1a7.JPG

017.JPG.1848029cb3483a717bb25e90c9f56ebf.JPG

im not sure what tree this is, some kind of birch i think but even after the rain it was easy to gather lots of dry "paper" from it. the stuff lit up fast on the outside of my tinder bundle.

008.JPG.59d5a03ba90c92726cc4d48502a3dc1e.JPG

this plant is called spiderwort. its like alovera. its hard to tell from the pictures (bad pics and flash washed out the color) but its actually a beautiful shade of dark blue.  its good for burns, bug bites (probably where it gets its name.) and pretty much anything that aloe can be used for.

009.JPG.82e971629eefadff6073bb1a641ff319.JPG

012.thumb.JPG.f6fd7a397a28525e6bbe802744b88a10.JPG

025.thumb.JPG.8e5b0283c9ce7cebcbb705cf1ff940b3.JPG

i love my sea to summet colapsable bucket. it holds about a gallon and a half of water.  i hate squatting down in the mud next to a river to pump water so i always bring this. i can tie a cord to the handles and just toss it in and fill it up. that way i can let it stand at the campsite (sedement sinks) so i can pump at leisure and it also helps keep my filter from plugging up. 

006.JPG.d51a9b71dc586fc93e3e5083b30b09a0.JPG

018.JPG.a16409d48968323c271e884cde3017ac.JPG

these are the only two sharps i brought with me.  that sog fasthawk is actually impressing me. it performs far outside its size. i do wish the handle was about 4 inches longer but for 20 bucks, it light and easy to use.  i used the pointed end to dig up some wild garlic for my supper to so it is good for something other than puncturing helmets  :hugegrin:

007.JPG.197fa06b861970c3c02fa0ecff3ff53a.JPG

and this smelled great with the garlic in it.  it was just a few plants growing around the campsite.  lambsquarter, new growth nettles, wild garlic, cleavers (wich were just a little past prime, had to pull a few stems out.) a little shepards purse. and i hadnt added them yet but a packet of beef raman noodles. it almost didnt need the flavor packet but it was hot and i was sweating from the bow drill and i knew i needed the sodium.  (yes the bow took me about three times to get a good coal, it was hot and muggy out.

019.thumb.JPG.063547bedb96f95ce22604a518e9f6f2.JPG

OH... and one last thing. i bought this in the clearance isle at walmart. it looked handy and small. i figured it would be nice to test out something other than deet.  well this stuff is the best mosquito attractant Ive ever used. hell ill bet it brought them in from 2 counties away. it would only last for about 20- 30 minutes and id have to reapply it. still got just as sticky and cruddy feeling after a while as deet. i still wound up with a bunch of bites. (something i never get at all with deet.  don't buy this crap.  seriously.  (i used up the whole bottle by the time i hit the sack last night. (about 6 hours)  :nono:

023.JPG.70c756075f3c5994d92719ec69d5ba84.JPG

OH... and one last thing. i bought this in the clearance isle at walmart. it looked handy and small. i figured it would be nice to test out something other than deet.  well this stuff is the best mosquito attractant Ive ever used. hell ill bet it brought them in from 2 counties away. it would only last for about 20- 30 minutes and id have to reapply it. still got just as sticky and cruddy feeling after a while as deet. i still wound up with a bunch of bites. (something i never get at all with deet.  don't buy this crap.  seriously.  (i used up the whole bottle by the time i hit the sack last night. (about 6 hours)  :nono:

I've had a similar problem. Ben's insect repellent is my weapon of choice.

I've had a similar problem. Ben's insect repellent is my weapon of choice.

ill check it out muddy. do you know what the reppelent in it is ?