WildSurvive Forum
Watcherofthewoods

The Road To Survival

great video watcher. thats alot of kit there! some really well thought out items. i like your presentation and i know its only going to get better with each video. my favorite is the fact you arnt afraid to use a little humor and personality and not try to come off as some bad ass know it all super survivor. you have a future in this stuff for sure. cant wait to work on one with you.

Talking about Survival Quarterly?  Grit?  Backwoods Home?

Thanks guys!

I have to put in my order for the new SQ. Thanks for the reminder. Grit was the title I was looking for.

I have to put in my order for the new SQ. Thanks for the reminder. Grit was the title I was looking for.

I pre-ordered mine, can't wait for it!

I think Grit is more of a homesteading type magazine.  Still survival-ish though

Alrighty, I had received advice from someone to break them down into smaller segments, I think it depends on the topic being covered.

For the topic you just posted it was a good length of time. You presented your points but didn't dwell on anyone for too long. If you were doing a video on say making a fire bow, 14 minutes would be too long.

Thank you Taken. 

Question for all, is it hard to sit through 15 minutes of me talking?  Should I break things up more into smaller chunks?

Thanks!

~ Watcher, I think you're one of those gifted speakers, who can just talk effortlessly and captivate your audience. My attention never once drifted away (and I have ADHD).  :whistle:

Some people on Youtube, I can't listen to for more than thirty seconds before I'm sending them away even if I AM interested in the content. I've listened to some speakers (in real life) for over an hour and have been completely enraptured by the information they are presenting, but I was in a professional audience. I guess you have to size up your audience (and on youtube that can be difficult).  :unsure:  So maybe it's up to you, to define your audience and target your delivery to them.  :thumbup:

Thanks Taken :)

I'm trying to figure out what my next video should be...

you could start with one of the main four skills. fire, water food and shelter.  you could do one on different fire starting techniques like mag stick, char cloth, and lens or friction. you wouldn't need to do everyway in one video, maby 3 ways and pros and cons of each technique