WildSurvive Forum
oldfatguy

Mors Kochanski Try stick practice

Very nice exercise and one I should practice myself.  If your offer of sending that those .pdf instructions still holds, I'd welcome a copy.

Thanks for posting this.

- Martin

I'll be happy to send them your way.

Nice job for sure, guess i need to work on my carving skills, Muscle memory is what's needed for carving & cutting notches in wood. Thanks for the reminder and giving me something else... to do in camp.

Nice job for sure, guess i need to work on my carving skills, Muscle memory is what's needed for carving & cutting notches in wood. Thanks for the reminder and giving me something else... to do in camp.

Glad you found it useful, offtrail. I think I still have the PDF if you me to send you a copy. Let me know.

I've done a little carving on my own, took one free class but never went back. Here is my first and second wood spirit i ever did. I hope to one day carve the wood spirit on a walking stick then leave it along the trail for someone to find.

Wood_carving_2014_005.thumb.jpg.88e79b41e4ac09805e7ca8d2916ae0c5.jpg

Thank you ...it's really not that hard when you follow along with a how to video. Then after a while you can do them on your own. This is my first attempt, big difference from the second one pictured above.

Carving_Number__One_And_Two_004.thumb.jpg.1744c674ed6076ef7fbd04939db58259.jpg