WildSurvive Forum
Watcherofthewoods

Guide Gear 12X12 Tarps On Clearance

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up that Sportsmans Guide is having a clearance on their 12X12 Nylon tarps.

I personally own one, and freakin' love it!  It has gone through storms with me and just keeps kicking butt! 

http://www.bargainoutfitters.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=328267  They are only 20 bucks on clearance!  Buy 3 or 4! 

My only complaint is that there is no guyout in the very middle on the edges and that it is white.  Otherwise, awesome!

Hey watcher, maybe this will help you out, I did this to my tarp too. Walmart sell a kit to install eyelets in tarps for about $10. you can put eyelets every foot in your tarp if you want.

i have that kit hiker! ive made a few tarps myself. yeah watcher if you need grommets in something bring it over sometime. forgot all about that. thanks for reminding me hiker

Dude, that't be awesome!  I'd love to put in 4 of them.

Any idea how to color it green? lol

spray paint LOL. you might be able to dye it, but i dont know if when it got wet if it would leach out.

no, it dries stiff and would flake off the second you schunched up the tarp. im sure there is a dye that wont leach out though. ill see what i can find.

My only worry with dye is getting rid of the waterproofing.

i dont think it will. most the time nylon tarps are waterproofed (polyurithane i think) on one side. except for silnylon wich the sylicone penitrates the fibers threw and threw. i think there might still be enugh material to dye. i could be wrong.

My only worry with dye is getting rid of the waterproofing.

so far im finding stuff about different types of dyes, stay away from acid dyes but the stuff you can get at wal mart is good for untreated nylon. i dont know how well it would work on treated. its like 2 dollars. you could try a small corner maby.