WildSurvive Forum
taken by the wind...

Hiking in Hidden Places with taken

~ If you're a busy person like I am who loves the outdoors, you don't always have to get in your car and drive to wilderness areas to hike and explore. You just have to tap into your inner child, and set out on foot around home, and  you may be surprised at the wild places you can find and explore.  :thumbsup:

Here are some pics from my Day hike today. I was gone about three hours, and the whole time I was only about a mile or so from my home. I walked to this place with my dog. Even on a Saturday afternoon, NOBODY was anywhere to be found. It's always nice to get out there in the woods and reconnect.  :thumbup:

1330206838.jpg

1330206839.jpg

1330206834.jpg

Cool little area to explore. Glad to see you're not letting the fact that you're busy keep you from getting out. You are right of course, I stil wonder the woods close to home...but they are getting smaller with more development going on these days. There is still one wooded ridge I like to go to close by, and then another patch of woods with a stream running through it.

Don't look now but I think that bull was checking you out, hope you weren't wearing red  :)

1330206826.jpg

My dog and I went down into those woods looking for fatwood. (Lots of pines) None of them fat. just rotten. I did find a blue tailed skink though. But I couldn't bring him home. Couldn't get a pic either he was too fast.  :glare:

Man that little lake looks like a great place.... :)

~ It IS. There's a huge lake, green field that would be perfect for playing ball or frisbee in! I can't believe it's a Saturday afternoon and not one kid has discovered this place. What's wrong with kids nowadays?

~ It IS. There's a huge lake, green field that would be perfect for playing ball or frisbee in! I can't believe it's a Saturday afternoon and not one kid has discovered this place. What's wrong with kids nowadays?

There is no place to plug up the tv and game system out there.

1330206819.jpg

~ Y'all have NO idea how hard it is trying to take pictures with this guy constantly pulling me.  :nono:

He pulled me right into that puddle of water after I took his pic.

He was like WHY do you keep looking at these stupid stumps?  wacky115.gif

1330206822.jpg

1330206819.jpg

~ Y'all have NO idea how hard it is trying to take pictures with this guy constantly pulling me.  :nono:

He pulled me right into that puddle of water after I took his pic.

He was like WHY do you keep looking at this stupid stumps?  wacky115.gif

1330206822.jpg

Lol, that's hilarious, my lab used to do stuff like that to me. but I also imagine it would be hard for some stranger to walk up on you too, and that's a good thing.

Taken, it may be below ground but there IS fatwood somewhere in that stump. I bet if you break the part sticking up the center will smell like turpentine, and I bet the root section below ground does too.

~ I dug into that stump for as long as Waco would allow it. Then a blue tailed skink ran out of it, and I got distracted trying to catch it.  :whistle:  (I couldn't) Anyhow, my dog was doing that husky talking growl thing at me, like he was ready to move again.

~ I'll use my knife and try to cut that tap root (That's the part sticking out the top) I had my knife with me, just couldn't do that and hold the dog too.