WildSurvive Forum
Oni

Cold Steel Tomahawk

Not sure. Says it's Steel; Drop Forged 1055 Carbon. Not at all sure what that means.  :happy:

Sure is pretty though! Heh.

Main reason I'm going with the frontier hawk is because it's so light. Wanna use it for training.  moose0024.gif

Have some martial arts training under my belt, so I kind of wanted to learn and experiment with the Tomahawk and Knife combat system. Was inspired by a movie. It has the potential to be very graceful and brutal. :D

Yeah! Me and my boys love that show! we watched Commanche v. Mongol warrior last night.

Oni, hawks are like trucks, most of them are good, just a matter of preference, ford, dodge, chevy, etc.

This is my favorite hawk.....the blade has a 'shoulder hook' on it and a skull spike on the backside.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Craig-Barr-Hand-Forged-Damascus-Spike-Hawk-Tomahawk-Head-3-/360440065602?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item53ebe6ee42

Yeah, I kind of wanted one with a spike.. but, again.. weight. But, I'm sure this will not be my first and last hawk. ;)

Thanks everyone for all the links and info!

Anyone have some pictures of their hawks they'd want to share?

Here's my ol' beat up craig barr hawk. Probably have over 5000 throws on this handle. I keep this in my truck and use it for everything from chopping small branches, splitting kindling, poking holes in disposable propane bottles, de-barking whittling wood, throwing, and if you pop the handle off, it works pretty damn good for skinning too.

craigbarrhawk.jpg

Alright, it's official. I just finished ordering the Frontier Hawk. Super excited.

What's the most interesting or creative thing you've done with your tomahawk?

Was looking around t Barnes and Noble website and found a book called, "The Fighting Tomahawk".  Ever heard of it?