WildSurvive Forum
Docwatmo

Hello all from another Iowan

Great lookin site!  I'm a member of several other survival forums as well as reader of a dozen or more blogs.  Always looking for more to learn.  This place has a great set of primitive skills and I can't wait to jump in and get my feet (knees, waist, elbows, neck and head) wet!!

I was born and raised in Iowa,  Joined the National Guard at 17, enjoyed it so much I joined the active army at 19, served in Germany during the first golf war teaching the (New Back then) MSE radio equipment, (More than 20 LONG years ago).  Had some pretty incredible duty stations, including the Army experimentation site in Washing, and working with the SFG on Fort Lewis.    After I left the Army I worked for some software development companies (Parsons Technology, Intuit, Mattel, Broaderbund) until my oldest son was born,  Got laid off the day he was born (best thing that ever happened to me LOL).  Had a 3 month paid vacation to bond with him and then I was able to find a great job as the IT Manager for an electric cooperative.  Been there ever since.  GREAT place to work.

I have an incredible wife who is active in the community and amazing with children.  I have 3 boys, ages 12, 10 and 5, The oldest two have been scouts since they were old enough to be tigers and are now boy scouts in a great troop.  I've been the committee secretary for the cub scout pack for 5 or 6 years now and was a den leader for both my boys dens.  I am now the scoutmaster for their troop.  We are a scouting family, love scouting and what it has to offer.  Since scouting is so much more pc and "Over safe", we do EVERYTHING else with our boys that "Scouts" aren't allowed to do.  So they get that well rounded experience.  My boys are growing into amazing little men.

My brother, Razorsharp, is a member here as well.  Yes, we are twins, no we don't feel each others pain, but you can poke him with a stick every once in a while to test it  :D :D  We have a great sense of humor together and hope we don't derail two many threads with maniacal laughter.

Well, that's it in a nut shell.

See you all around.  :) :)

Great lookin site!  I'm a member of several other survival forums as well as reader of a dozen or more blogs.  Always looking for more to learn.  This place has a great set of primitive skills and I can't wait to jump in and get my feet (knees, waist, elbows, neck and head) wet!!

I was born and raised in Iowa,  Joined the National Guard at 17, enjoyed it so much I joined the active army at 19, served in Germany during the first golf war teaching the (New Back then) MSE radio equipment, (More than 20 LONG years ago).  Had some pretty incredible duty stations, including the Army experimentation site in Washing, and working with the SFG on Fort Lewis.    After I left the Army I worked for some software development companies (Parsons Technology, Intuit, Mattel, Broaderbund) until my oldest son was born,  Got laid off the day he was born (best thing that ever happened to me LOL).  Had a 3 month paid vacation to bond with him and then I was able to find a great job as the IT Manager for an electric cooperative.  Been there ever since.  GREAT place to work.

I have an incredible wife who is active in the community and amazing with children.  I have 3 boys, ages 12, 10 and 5, The oldest two have been scouts since they were old enough to be tigers and are now boy scouts in a great troop.  I've been the committee secretary for the cub scout pack for 5 or 6 years now and was a den leader for both my boys dens.  I am now the scoutmaster for their troop.  We are a scouting family, love scouting and what it has to offer.  Since scouting is so much more pc and "Over safe", we do EVERYTHING else with our boys that "Scouts" aren't allowed to do.  So they get that well rounded experience.  My boys are growing into amazing little men.

My brother, Razorsharp, is a member here as well.  Yes, we are twins, no we don't feel each others pain, but you can poke him with a stick every once in a while to test it  :D :D  We have a great sense of humor together and hope we don't derail two many threads with maniacal laughter.

Well, that's it in a nut shell.

See you all around.  :) :)

Welcome aboard Doc.  We understand you are new here, so we won't hold the Razor sharp thing against you. 

LOL, I appreciate the welcome. 

You do have to be careful, when the two of us get in a room together and the laughter starts rolling, we can hit critical mass, where we are both just lying on the floor laughing hysterically at ourselves while everyone around us just kind of stares and wonders whats wrong with those guys.

Either that or the antimatter/matter nuclear explosion thing happens, but it's been a few years since we leveled any small continents.  ;)

LOL, Now THAT would be funny (And confusing).  I'll find something unique LOL.  I never change my avatar once I have one, because people tend to be visual and it can be quite confusing.  So I like to take my time and find something "Unique" that I'll be comfortable with for a long time.  I'm heading out on vacation for the next 4 days tomorrow, so I won't have much chance to do anything.  I'm scanning hundreds of threads to find some of interest but that's about all I can do right now while I'm rebuilding a computer for a user.

LOL, Now THAT would be funny (And confusing).  I'll find something unique LOL.  I never change my avatar once I have one, because people tend to be visual and it can be quite confusing.  So I like to take my time and find something "Unique" that I'll be comfortable with for a long time.  I'm heading out on vacation for the next 4 days tomorrow, so I won't have much chance to do anything.  I'm scanning hundreds of threads to find some of interest but that's about all I can do right now while I'm rebuilding a computer for a user.

~ Tell me about it, Muddy Pete changes his avatar every other day. Sometimes he changes it to my own, and that REALLY messes with my head. It's like talking to yourself, only not being sure which one you are.  wacky115.gif 

Another good question.

Started out in high school, Mr Park (football coach) called me Doc Watson, (After The Conan Doyle character in the Sherlock Holmes novels), Then when I was stationed in Germany, I worked on a radio site and picked up the nickname Watmo, which stuck (Even the brigade commander thought my real name was Watmo instead of Watson).  After the Army, the nickname Doc came back because I worked in IT and some people called me the computer doctor.  So when I needed an online "Persona" I just merged the two nicknames and it's been Docwatmo ever since.

Most people (Who didn't know me in the Army) Call me Doc for short (Still related to the computer tech thing).

Doc

Park is a royal a** hole...  He's always liked me, but the feeling never had been mutual.

i couldnt stand him in highschool or as a terrible football coach. he would play people in games not based on skills or effort but on who there parents were.  in practice he always had the varsity practice against the jv and couldnt figure out why the varsity would loose almost every game but the jv would win every one of there games.  wacky115.gif

i couldnt stand him in highschool or as a terrible football coach. he would play people in games not based on skills or effort but on who there parents were.  in practice he always had the varsity practice against the jv and couldnt figure out why the varsity would loose almost every game but the jv would win every one of there games.  wacky115.gif

Now he is the "Dean of Students".  Supposed to be in charge of disipline.  He just sits in his office all day.

LOL I only did football one year never cared for him as a coach, but park was a blast in computer class, and all the great park quotes,  I always s got along with him once I outclassed him in computer class.  Once you broke his superiority complex, he wasn't half bad.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

That happens more times than you could imagine Rockhounder.  There are still some bars in Iowa I can't go in because of him. LOL

Well, I'd exact some revenge and go in the bars you CAN go in.......dressed like him and go by the name "Big John"....

Paybacks are a bitch. :)

Oh, I forgot to mention that I meant a "gay" bar...... ::)

In the men's stall leave a message on the wall....

For Big John call 555-867-5309 PS: I'm lonely

I'd never do that to him.  He's my brother and I wouldn't want to see him hurt.  B)

Him on the other hand.  Maybe he'll tell you how he tried to get me killed by the bouncer staff at a drinking establishment a number of years ago.  8|